Making Files Writeable

goldenairways

I have been ok using your system for installation easyier than I thought I would, but I am now having trouble making the files writable. It says in the phpVMS Installer that core/local.config.php is writable! but 5 are not. I am using a free hosting provider called http://www.freehost10.com/, and they are easy to use but I am not sure how to go about making them writable. Thanks.

Would that be located in phpMyAdmin, because I have been in all the options and I can't find it. It says on the hosters page that there is full ftp support so I am guessing its there. In file management there is a line of tick boxes with random characters, I know they are not random, just to me.

I have put a screenshot of them in an attachment.

73_Picture1_jpgc3836acf068a9b227834e0adda226ac2

Thanks. And he found out that it wasn't being made writable because they had put it on safe mode the hosters, you would of needed to pay if you would of had it taken off. BUt I have joined another one and just waiting for them to approve it. But I can't wait to be past that writable part. And can't want to start typing my name of VA and stuff in. Just one or two more things, is there any templates we can use for the va site and also can phpVMS run the whole website from home page to contact? Thanks.

Well, I am planning that if my VA gets more popular as time goes on then with donations I will have a cheap paid for website, and I am using Filezilla at the moment, or at least trying it. and yesterday I didn't really think about checking up, I will next time, its just I am very enthusiastic and I have a free week to make a website and va so I took the chance to.

• Administrators

Thanks. And he found out that it wasn't being made writable because they had put it on safe mode the hosters, you would of needed to pay if you would of had it taken off. BUt I have joined another one and just waiting for them to approve it. But I can't wait to be past that writable part. And can't want to start typing my name of VA and stuff in. Just one or two more things, is there any templates we can use for the va site and also can phpVMS run the whole website from home page to contact? Thanks.

Gotcha. Safe mode is bad.. heh.

Templates and stuff, if you look in the skinning forum, there's some examples. Watch the tutorials as well, that'll get you upto speed.