Question

Jordan Delaney

• 1 month later...

Hi Nabeel

I have just discovered your software two day again, and I love it. A job really well done. I wanted to create a script that woudl automatically register a user on the phpBB forum system when teh registration was approved by VA management. This is when I cam accross thsi post.

I dont want teh user's email address as the username, as this leads to spamming, etc. so I thought if I could ratehr create a username or use pilot number it woudl be fantastic. Here is where I noticed a major possible security breach

While testing out this post I found that there are multiple confirgurations of the login possible

I can use 1, 01, 001, 0001, OCC1, OCC01, OCC001, OCC0001, tester1, sdfsdfsdf1, basically as long as the username starts with a 1 or end with a 1 (1 meaning teh very forst user) if there are multiple users then whatever their pilot ID is

Here is what I want to do. rather that make use of an email address I would prefer to use pilot number and/or a username created on registration. I am still learning teh code so at thsi stage I have absolutely no idea how to go about this

I have Version 1.2.700 of phpVMS installed

Thanks and keep up this fantastic project, Im clicking as many ads as possible ;-)

• Administrators

You can get the pilot code as:

[code php]
<?php
$pilot = PilotData::GetPilotCode(Auth::$userinfo->code, Auth::$userinfo->pilotid);

This will return:

VMS001

Depending on the format specified for the pilot id's.

And yes you can sign in with just an ID or a string with ID. It doesn't make a difference, since any leading text is stripped and just the ID is used, so VMA0001 will be stripped to 0001, and then leading zero's are erased. Generally people will use VMA001, or whatever their pilot ID is, so that's ok.

Refer to API docs:

http://docs.phpvms.net/api/

There's a couple other threads about forum integration, that will be the basic code you need to use, except just replace the SMF specific code with phpBB, and you should be set.