Airport removal

mclaren99uk

Hi All

I am new to all this so please excuse me if this seems to be a daft question, but how to you remove an airport from the "Add & Edit Airports" list

Does this have to be removed from the database?

I have also tried to rename the default airfield "KJFK" but it wont let me.

I can add new airfields, but not modify them or remove them.

Any advice

• Moderators

maybe this should be something that should be added, so that the default airfield can be removed more easily

Simple!

Add the delete data class in the operations data class, and then in the module, you need to add the delete function and then add the delete link with the id in the tpl file.

Something I can take a look into it later today. I'll post it later.

Hi

Sorry i dont think i have explained it correctly.

Im not after removing the airfield from the database completely, but from the airport list.

The default airfiled if KJFK, under tasks, you have the option to add additional airports. and against them you have an "Edit" option. but not a removal/delete

I would like to remove the airport from the airport listing. I can add a picture to show right now :(

• Moderators

lesson 1

the whole cms is working with PHP coding and databases

so iff you add an airport to the list you are using a queri to update the database

so all the airports showing in the list are in a database so its not possible to delete a airport from the list but not out off the database

• Moderators

what part off not possible don't you understand.

its not possible to not show it there but keep it in the database without coding.

kjfk is a defould setting the commes with install ing phpvms just edit the airport change the name do a lookup and jfk is gone from you list but its also gone from your database

If you can add information into the database via scripting then it can be removed in the same way.

How to you think other CMS's work? How do you think Forums work?

Data gets added to the database and can be deleted. If you wanted to delete a post, you dont go into the database to do it do you!

If that is the case then this phpvms is not a CMS is it

`phpvms_airports` appears to be the table that they are created in. So if you can add items in there, via the HTML interface, but im sure that they can be removed. as you dont want to be giving access to the sql to do this.

• Moderators

ok i think you are lost yourself

Im not after removing the airfield from the database completely, but from the airport list.

you don't want it removed in this post

but here

If you can add information into the database via scripting then it can be removed in the same way.

How to you think other CMS's work? How do you think Forums work?

Data gets added to the database and can be deleted. If you wanted to delete a post, you dont go into the database to do it do you!

If that is the case then this phpvms is not a CMS is it

`phpvms_airports` appears to be the table that they are created in. So if you can add items in there, via the HTML interface, but im sure that they can be removed. as you dont want to be giving access to the sql to do this.

you want it deleted .

so whate do you want

iff you are reffering to the lack off a delete button in that case indeed its not there but as Mark staded you don't want to delete anny aiports as it will mess up your database.

Look, we know where you're going with this, we really do. What Joeri is trying to really say is that the way phpVMS is setup, there are just a few things that shouldn't be deleted, and this just happens to be one of them (unfortunately). If you are just insisted in removing Kennedy from your Airport list in the Admin Center, the safe way is to just edit it to another airport name (LFPG Paris-Charles de Gaulle for example) then you don't have to worry about it being there.

The reason it is setup that way is because the system really doesn't want you to remove the airports (the aircraft work in the same way) because it can really wreak havok on your system's Pirep data.

If you do a few searches from the top right of these Forums, you will see that there are others that feel the same way you do. It is what it is.

EDIT: got another one in at the same time Joeri... :P

Guest lorathon

The airports, schedules and pireps tables are all tied together. If you remove the airport then any schedule or pirep that uses that airport may not be view-able anymore. When a query for a schedule or pirep is made the query is joined to the airports table on both the depicao and arricao.