installing a forum

Virtualei

yep it started fine then i got this

SMF Installer

Your FTP connection information

This web installer needs your FTP information in order to automate the installation for you. Please note that none of this information is saved in your installation, it is just used to setup SMF.

!

Before you proceed, please note that the contents of the directory this file is in may be overwritten. This installer will check to make sure that the path you specify points to where this file is, but please be careful not to overwrite anything important!

Server:

Port:

The address (often localhost) and port for your FTP server.

Username:

The username to login with. This will not be saved anywhere.

Password:

The password to login with. This will not be saved anywhere.

Install Path:

This is the relative path you use in your FTP client (more help).

i put my path as public_html/core/modules/webinstall

yep it started fine then i got this

SMF Installer

Your FTP connection information

This web installer needs your FTP information in order to automate the installation for you. Please note that none of this information is saved in your installation, it is just used to setup SMF.

!

Before you proceed, please note that the contents of the directory this file is in may be overwritten. This installer will check to make sure that the path you specify points to where this file is, but please be careful not to overwrite anything important!

Server:

Port:

The address (often localhost) and port for your FTP server.

Username:

The username to login with. This will not be saved anywhere.

Password:

The password to login with. This will not be saved anywhere.

Install Path:

This is the relative path you use in your FTP client (more help).

i put my path as public_html/core/modules/webinstall

Are you trying to use the "Web Installer"? I tried that as well but had too many errors.

I just skipped the web installer and did it manually. You just need to download the full forum for SMF and then upload all the contents to your forum directory. From there I believe you just need to point your web browser to the "install" directory and it will start the process for you. I know you'll have to create a new database and database user before you start the install though.