Navigation Database

bunoire14

Hi Guys,

i tried searching on this but haven't found anything relevant, I have seen on the database theres a table for holding navigation waypoints, Can any one advise me on how this works, what they effect, and what info each field should hold. Majority of them are obvious but some are not.

Also if anyone has a compiled list of points available for share, id be interested in getting hold of one,

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

Hey,

There is a database file for the navigation waypoints in the install/navdata. You can upload the database into your phpVMS database.

Then, if your flight report has a route, it will plot all of the way points on the report Google maps.

• Like 1

Oh I am sure it can be added to, but some of the way points need updated and fixed. I got routes on my site that are from say for example, KDFW-KATL along the way, one way point goes all the way down to south america and then back up. BUT for the most part, the nav data is a great thing. Have fun with it!

Oh I am sure it can be added to, but some of the way points need updated and fixed. I got routes on my site that are from say for example, KDFW-KATL along the way, one way point goes all the way down to south america and then back up. BUT for the most part, the nav data is a great thing. Have fun with it!

Thanks,

If those types on anomalys are few and far between i guess its not a big job to just jump on the database and correct the logn and alt, which i assume is what would be causing that error?

I'm just trying to upload the file now but my Server keeps stalling on the SQL file, I have tried to get the points installed inot my local db here on my development environment, and managed to get 45,000 of them on :D At present my Mac is working hard to open the Sql file in Textmate so i can manually run the querys a section at a time!