cPanel Keeps Deleting my Folders!!!

freshJet

This has happened several times and it's got to stop. Basically, if I'm editing a file, say in the lib folder, then occasionally I go to refresh my site and I get errors and no site. So, when I go back to cPanel to see what's wrong, it says the directory is empty, then when I go back to public_html I realise it isn't empty - it's gone. Thankfully, JustHost has managed to retrieve and restore the folder each time (in this case today it was my core folder).

Any ideas?

• Moderators

It means your backing up your files to your home directory.

Remove them to off site ie to your pc.

When you back up files you should keep them somewhere else apart from your home location or even on the same server.

I use syncrify which is am incremental backup system and will only download the files that have changed. I can run it directly from the command line or set it as a cron to run when i like, it sends the files over https to my server in my office upstairs so if my main webserver falls over i can restore and have a fully operational site again with in 10 to 15 minutes.

• Like 1