How System logs in?

tylerj

So... Here is the jist of things. I am in the process of coding an ACARS to go with phpVMS, however I cant even begin to wonder how the login script is done. i.e. Callsign an password the actual issue is I do not know how I would send out the password to PHPvms. Where is the password hidden? and how does it login? Thanks!

Hi tylerj,

I would assume that you would need to implement a web service using the CondonWebService class and methods within and then from their you could pass back your username/password to validate against the web service and then return true or false based on a successful or failed login attempt. - You don't actually need to ever send the actual password back you just need to validate it obviously :)

I assume that is how its all done, I'm a developer during the day but I haven't had a chance to look into all of the code of phpVMS as yet as I've only really just started using it.

I would recommend that you look in the Modules folder and check out the current ACARS modules (XACARS, kACARS_Free and I think FSPAX) to see how they make use of transferring data between phpVMS and the remote ACARS client software.

Hope this helps,

Bobby