multiple CSS in one page

Aaron

Hi, I added an in page CSS to style the links on my fleet page, but when I do that it screws up the other links in the page. Also, in my pilot center, if I style a second side menu, it screws up the formatting of the top navbar. I've googled it and tryed everything I can think of

<style type="text/css">
a:link {
color: #333333;
text-decoration: none;
}
a:visited {
}
a:hover {
color: #999999;
}
a:active {
}
a {
font-size: 18px;
}
</style>

Heres what I have at the beggining. Below there is a table with links in it. It works with those ones perfectly fine, but it also affects other links on the page. The phpvms link at the bottom turns big and grey because the above code has priority over the external css. I read about all that on W3schools, but I cant figure out how to make internal code apply only to certain sections. Is it possible maybe to rename them to c:link, c:visited ... and then apply that to the table? If so what changes do I need in the table?

<style type="text/css">
a:link {
}
a:visited {
}
a:hover {
color: #999999;
}
a:active {
}
a {
font-size: 18px;
}
</style>

Heres what I have at the beggining. Below there is a table with links in it. It works with those ones perfectly fine, but it also affects other links on the page. The phpvms link at the bottom turns big and grey because the above code has priority over the external css. I read about all that on W3schools, but I cant figure out how to make internal code apply only to certain sections. Is it possible maybe to rename them to c:link, c:visited ... and then apply that to the table? If so what changes do I need in the table?

Don't use CSS like that, it's bad practice. You should try to keep it all in external css files. Also, no; you can't rename it to c. There is no such thing as a c tag. a is a specific tag (anchor) - just like p, i, b, u or div.

Tom is correct. The "a" in this case, is pointing to a link (<a href="www.mylink.com"></a>). The HTML reading the css for "a" will be using what is in the css. You can only use functions that are recognized as Tom posted above. What you could do is create another css rule so a different link can follow it. I would recommend that you place this in a css file, and not your template.