E-mails dont work

HighFlyerPL185

Hello there,

I have an issue with the site e-mails, they basically don't send. Whenever I activate a new pilot, they never receive a message. I tried the "Contact Us" form too, and that didn't seem to send anything to my e-mail. I researched about it a little on the forums, and it could be due to the fact I have a gmail address, however I am unable to tackle the issue, since I have no idea how would I do that, or where the problem lies. Any suggestions? I'd appreciate any help :D

Cheers.

Thanks for your efforts, however this doesn't seem to work for me :( Unless I've done something wrong. Here's my settings, I've cut out the commented green bits, so there's less spam...

public $Host          = 'smtp.gmail.com';
 public $Port          = 465;
 public $Helo          = '$Hostname';
 public $SMTPSecure    = 'ssl';
 public $SMTPAuth      = true;
 public $Username      = 'kamil1995b@gmail.com';
 public $Password      = '*******';
 public $Timeout       = 10;

Thanks for your efforts, however this doesn't seem to work for me :( Unless I've done something wrong. Here's my settings, I've cut out the commented green bits, so there's less spam...

public $Host          = 'smtp.gmail.com';
 public $Port          = 465;
 public $Helo          = '$Hostname';
 public $SMTPSecure    = 'ssl';
 public $SMTPAuth      = true;
 public $Username      = 'kamil1995b@gmail.com';
 public $Password      = '*******';
 public $Timeout       = 10;

If you hosted your website at an hosting provider, probably smtp.gmail.com will not work as it is not allowed to relay unless the provider permits it. Best to ask your hosting provider which smtp host you could/should use to send your emails out.