The installer won't work.

goldenairways

I have changed these all to 777:

* core/cache

* core/pages

* lib/rss

* core/local.config.php (create it, if it does not exist)

Which I got of this website but now its comming up with this:

[dbpass] => [dbuser] => [dbtype] => mysql [tableprefix] => phpvms_ [siteurl] => www.phpvms.net/test/ [action] => submitdb [ if($_POST['DBASE_NAME'] == '' || $_POST['DBASE_USER'] == '' || $_POST['DBASE_TYPE'] == '' || $_POST['DBASE_SERVER'] == '' || $_POST['SITE_URL'] == '') { Template::Set('message', 'You must fill out all the required fields'); } else { if(!Installer::AddTables()) { Template::Set('message', Installer::$error); } else { if(!Installer::WriteConfig()) { Template::Set('message', Installer::$error); } else { header("Location: install.php?page=sitesetup"); } } } } Template::Show('header.tpl'); echo '

phpVMS Installer

'; // Controller switch($_GET['page']) { case 'dbsetup': case '': if(!Installer::CheckServer()) { Template::Show('s0_config_check.tpl'); } else { Template::Show('s1_db_setup.tpl'); } break; case 'sitesetup': Template::Show('s2_site_setup.tpl'); break; case 'complete': if($_POST['action'] == 'submitsetup') { if($_POST['SITE_NAME'] == '' || $_POST['firstname'] == '' || $_POST['lastname'] == '' || $_POST['email'] == '' || $_POST['password'] == '' || $_POST['vaname'] == '' || $_POST['vacode'] == '') { Template::Set('message', 'You must fill out all of the fields'); Template::Show('s2_site_setup.tpl'); break; } if(!Installer::SiteSetup()) { Template::Set('message', Installer::$error); Template::Show('s2_site_setup.tpl'); } else { Installer::RegisterInstall(INSTALLER_VERSION); echo '

Your site is all setup! You can login to the admin panel here

'; } } break; } Template::Show('footer.tpl'); ?>

I am not sure what it means or whats wrong. I have so far tried installing it in the public.html or something like that, my domain folder and the index like. I am not technically minded at all. Thanks.

• Administrators

Hi,

Seems as though someone was corrupted on upload. Try reuploading again. FTP sometimes does "break" some files. Either that, or PHP isn't installed correctly on your server, so it's spitting out the source.

It turned out that because my domains was bought and on Heart Internet's site, I had to have my domain on name servers or somthing. But while my domain is being resolved it was an ip address type url, and I thought it would be ****/install/install.php. But it was infact for some reason ****/~goldenair/install/install.php. But I have a few more questions. First of all when I was on the database page at the end it asked about website url. I left what was in there origially, when my domain resolves to goldenairways.co.uk will it be the index page. Secondly, with the virtual finance system can I add what ever money I want at the start so my VA can start off with a healthy amount of money and can I change currency or make it so that users can choose from a drop down menu what currency they want or anything like that. And is there an easier way to add in airports and routes I have 30 airport, one hub starting with and I am only up to my 6th airport and I am sick of finding lat and long for all the airports. lol

• Administrators

You don't really add money, read through this:

http://www.phpvms.net/docs/financial

For the airports, type the ICAO, then click the "Lookup" button, that will try to find the lat/long etc for you.

As for the URL, I am not sure, but you can do it through trial and error. You can change the URL in the core/local.config.php file, you'll see it as SITE_URL