Issues with Live Tracker

ceopfl

Hey guys,

I know this has been re-hashed over and over and I've tried doing what was recommended to no avail so, I would like to appologize ahead of time for that.

The issue that I'm having is apparently the Google API key is invalid (per the prompts im receiving) and or being used by another client. I've attempted to update the key, both manually (through the script) as well as automatically (through the phpVMS Google API option) with the same results. The google map will not load, nor will the list of pilots who are flying so I seriously wonder if it's port related or just Google Maps locking us out. We are using FSACARS for our flight group and, so far, were able to submit PIREPs successfully so I don't know if it's FSACARS not doing it's job. Everything else looks like its working great!

Let me know if you'd like me to provide any more information. 

Thank you all again for your assistance!

Website phpVMS location: www.pflvirtual.com/phpVMS/

Regards,

Alex

www.pflvirtual.com

I know my friend was manipulating the template to include our banner and such...but outside of that, the core coding should still be all the same. I've attempted registering under pflvirtual.com and got the key...So far haven't noticed any difference. Would you suggest re-loading the core_htmlhead.tpl file?

Thanks again for the help!

Z

Alrighty, I uploaded all the pertinent files, and performed an update rather than full install (i.e. backed up the local file). I'm still not seeing the live map...would you suspect the local file is bad since thats the only item i pulled from the old setup?

While im on the pages I notice these errors as well being displayed: (My Pilot Flight map)

Line: 46

Char:1

Error: 'GMap2' is undefined

Code: 0

URL:http://www.pflvirtual.com/

Under the live map page (for everyone) I see:

Line:25

Char:32

Error: Object Expected

Code: 0

URL: http://www.pflvirtual.com/phpVMS/index.php/acars

and

Line:44

Char:1

Error:'G_PHYSICAL_MAP' is undefined.

Code:0

URL:http://www.pflvirtual.com/phpVMS/index.php/acars

Any ideas?

Z

• Administrators

In the admin panel, goto general settings, then there's a an entry for "Google API Key", did you enter anything?

You said that shows up blank?

If that's so, if you use phpmyadmin, is the phpvms_settings table there?

It's basically showing the error because the key isn't there.

Are other settings saving?

Everything else appears to be working fine as for saving items except for the googlekey. I've input that thing close to 5 or 6 times since you last suggested it to no avail...

Apparently there is a table for phpvms_settings in the database. Would you recommend reloading the database?

Z

• Administrators

That's odd that it's not saving... what are you entering?

You can manually enter it in phpmyadmin, goto the settings table, then browse, then find the GOOGLE_API_KEY row (something like that), then change the value to your key.

Hey bud,

I want to thank you for all the support thus far.

As for the issues we discussed. I've reviewed the location that you suggested and I never saw a "google api" section within the database under php_settings...maybe this is the problem? I've used the beta you supplied so I'd assume its a good installer file (i.e. not corrupt when it came to the database implementation).

I proceeded to completely reformat the SQL database and start from scratch with a fresh install. I then went through the admin section to set the key. It still does as its done in the past i.e. when i pasted the key into the Google API key input it won't save or set after you hit save info.

I'm honestly thinking that the database is not saving the settings information correctly but haven't the slightest clue on how to fix it lol so any help on the matter would be much appreciated.

Z