Trouble calling admin name in script [SOLVED]

AGuyFawkesMask

Hi all,

I'm currently working on modifying pirep_viewreport.tpl such that not only does it display the submit date and pilot name, but also displays who approved the PIREP and the approval date. I figured that if I could located the action taken by an admin in the phpvms_adminlog table, I could lookup the pilotid for that action, locate the pilot name in phpvms_pilots, and display firstname, lastname. However, when I execute this script on the page, it displays firstname, lastname as:

Resource id #59 Resource id #60

Here is the code for the script:

<?php
					$pirepid = $report->pirepid;
					$adminuserid = mysql_query("SELECT pilotid FROM phpvms_adminlog WHERE message=Approved PIREP #'.$pirepid.'");
					$adminfirstname = mysql_query("SELECT firstname FROM phpvms_pilots WHERE pilotid='.$adminuserid.'");
					$adminlastname = mysql_query("SELECT lastname FROM phpvms_pilots WHERE pilotid='.$adminuserid.'");
				?>

And underneath the script is the echo command:

<a href="<?php echo SITE_URL.'/index.php/profile/view/'.$adminuserid?>"><?php echo $adminfirstname.' '.$adminlastname?></a>

I'm sure I'm just missing a single line or two. I'm not a pro in php or MySQL by any means, but if someone can point out the flaws here, I'd really appreciate it :)

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

Hi all,

I'm currently working on modifying pirep_viewreport.tpl such that not only does it display the submit date and pilot name, but also displays who approved the PIREP and the approval date. I figured that if I could located the action taken by an admin in the phpvms_adminlog table, I could lookup the pilotid for that action, locate the pilot name in phpvms_pilots, and display firstname, lastname. However, when I execute this script on the page, it displays firstname, lastname as:

Here is the code for the script:

<?php
					$pirepid = $report->pirepid;
					$adminuserid = mysql_query("SELECT pilotid FROM phpvms_adminlog WHERE message=Approved PIREP #'.$pirepid.'");
					$adminfirstname = mysql_query("SELECT firstname FROM phpvms_pilots WHERE pilotid='.$adminuserid.'");
					$adminlastname = mysql_query("SELECT lastname FROM phpvms_pilots WHERE pilotid='.$adminuserid.'");
				?>

And underneath the script is the echo command:

<a href="<?php echo SITE_URL.'/index.php/profile/view/'.$adminuserid?>"><?php echo $adminfirstname.' '.$adminlastname?></a>

I'm sure I'm just missing a single line or two. I'm not a pro in php or MySQL by any means, but if someone can point out the flaws here, I'd really appreciate it :)

Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry, didn't notice the first line, I think what getting out of your table is the pilotid

The final code ended up being:

<?php
					$adminuserid_res = mysql_query("SELECT pilotid FROM phpvms_adminlog WHERE message='Approved PIREP #".$pirep->pirepid."'");
					$adminuserid_row = mysql_fetch_assoc($adminuserid_res);
					$adminuserid = $adminuserid_row['pilotid'];

$adminfirstname_res= mysql_query("SELECT firstname FROM phpvms_pilots WHERE pilotid='".$adminuserid."'");
					$adminfirstname_row = mysql_fetch_assoc($adminfirstname_res);
					$adminfirstname = $adminfirstname_row['firstname'];

$adminlastname_res= mysql_query("SELECT lastname FROM phpvms_pilots WHERE pilotid='".$adminuserid."'");
					$adminlastname_row = mysql_fetch_assoc($adminlastname_res);
					$adminlastname = $adminlastname_row['lastname'];
				?>

I forgot that I needed to fetch the data from the query. My mistake!