Block an IP address

Jeff

I have a very nuisance pecker-head that keeps registering. I need to have his IP address blocked. Is there a way to do this?

Every time I delete his registration, he signs up with a new username, but it is always in the same format. This time his username is RerminiErer RerminiErerOC. It is really starting to tick me off as it has happened 15 times in the last 4 days now. Can someone help me? Nabeel, if you are reading this, I am on Fivedev. If I need to open a support ticket on this problem, I will. Someone please send help my way ASAP.

• Moderators

Jeff,

I made a custom IP Ban system for my VA that I'm opening soon, and it works well, but a lot of core files to change.

It's just a B.S. when people sign up with many different IP's. Possibly, he's using many different proxies.

But if it's the same IP, I think Fivedev has CPanel and you should able to ban him.

Go to Cpanel, and look for something that has IP Deny Manager or other, and add in the IP that he used. Then he should stop.

• 2 weeks later...

By the looks of it he is using a proxy. Try using this:

RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP:VIA} !^$ [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:FORWARDED} !^$ [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:USERAGENT_VIA} !^$ [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:X_FORWARDED_FOR} !^$ [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:PROXY_CONNECTION} !^$ [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:XPROXY_CONNECTION} !^$ [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:HTTP_PC_REMOTE_ADDR} !^$ [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:HTTP_CLIENT_IP} !^$

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [F]

copy & paste into your site’s root htaccess file. Upload to your server, and test it’s effectiveness via the proxy service(s) of your choice. It may not be perfect, but compared to blacklisting a million proxy domains, it’s lightweight, concise, and very effective ;)