Index.html? Or not?

edmundk

• Moderators

They are useless; they provide no information, often deter visitors and from a usability point of view they're harmful.

Funny actually, splash pages was something that came up in my lecture today ;) (Hence my knowledge)

I agree, but what about user's language experience? They can select their language and go to the specifically language website?

I agree, but what about user's language experience? They can select their language and go to the specifically language website?

Put it at the top of the page, or if you're clever do it automatically based on their computer/browser language... if you're really going to duplicate your content, that is.

I hate splash pages, mainly for the fact, they are outdated, and add nothing to the site. I nearly always leave a web site if it has a splash page. They are often not made properly too, often no clear place saying click here to go to main site. You have to go looking for it. Leave it, you wont need it.