Inactive members & kids.

Kyle

• Moderators

Who always gets ticked off when you have a bunch of inactive members or people with age less than 13 years old joining the VA and faking birthdays in their application? Or an inactive pilot wants to rejoin but won't still fly?

This is my question to the inactive pilots, why did you join the VA and all the suddenly you don't want to fly? Waste of my time sending them the auto termination warning emails and terminating them.

Kids joining the VA, oh boy... That's a hellish thing to deal with. At SCX VA, we usually get few applications with age under 13, and we have to reject/delete their application and ban their IP address in our ACP. Right now, we have about 10 banned IP's in our IP Ban system with kids under 13 years old having their application rejected and kept in the database. They obsivoly can't read the handbook or our policy.

My question, how do you deal with inactive pilots and kids under the age 13?

I know what you mean. I use the "auto delete" script that Lorthon sells on his site. I love it. I set it up as a cron to delete any new pilot that hasn't flown their first flight within 7 days. The script doesn't mess with pilots that have at least one flight. As for pilots with at least one flight I let the auto retire system do it's thing.

Since I got that script I don't really have to do much anymore to manage inactive pilots.

Our Policy and Operations Manual says that we require persons to be 13 or older and that we retain the right to reject any pilot without specifying a reason ( to cover the case where the pilot isn't braking one of the rules but is still destroying the fun factor for others).

When I recieve a registration that does not meet the requirment I simply reject them and send an email spacifying a reason.

• Moderators

We keep all rejected applications on records, just in case if someone joins with different name or different email. For the inactive pilots, we also do the same thing, keeping them, and that way we don't lose our PIREPs and that way the pilot won't have to start over as well if they come back.

We also, manually go though pilots who hasn't flown a flight within our requirements, we easily set their status to Termination Warning and that way, the auto mailer will send the notification and they will have 7 days to re-meet the requirements. If they do not, then we set them inactive and keep them in the database.

That's the way we do it, so we can easily track and not lose everything. Plus, we even built a custom account history recorder system, so we can see what the pilot's past history was. Like for example - "Pilot Application Rejected" "Pilot Issued Termination Warning" "Pilot Terminated For Inactive" or "Pilot Account Restored".