Unexpected Teamspeak Users?

Drcodyjones

Me and my COO were sitting in our teamspeak earlier discussing things when a random user named Colin Woody popped in.

We have never given anything about our website or teamspeak out.

He claimed to be a web designer working for Boeing and Mcdonald Douglas and coded a majority of their website. He claims to have done a lot of work with PHPVMS and actually had a fair amount of knowledge about the system.

Now he wants to be a web designer for my VA.

What should I do? He also has a VATSIM ID. Should I let him join or is he a little too suspicious?

Cody

• Like 1

• Moderators

I call this way too suspicious...

How would he be getting your TS Info... That's the question and that sounds like a hacker here. My suggestion is to secure your teamspeak with a password and keep it private only to members of your VA.

How the heck would he be a web designer for Boeing and McDonald Douglas? This is how I would interveiw candidates, I get the candidates to show their work, completely by giving me their example of codes, and ensuring it's a fully working code...ETC, get him to show his work that he has completed in full.

Otherwise, I don't know much what you are seeing, I can call this a bluff and suspicious. Few of my buddies may know him becasue they were approached with a few false/face-up web designer and they rejected all of them. I'll ask them.

Colin Woody - I ran the name in google search and he's the CEO of this VA (I don't think his website is much a web desinger and not running phpVMS) - http://www.usairways...ement-team.html

He told us about his VA beforehand.

Some more things about the stories that don't add up:

He said he was 18. How could he have worked for Boeing and MCD if he was 18?

Said he lives in Seattle, traced his IP to Wichita, KS.

Said he was in Oshkosh on vacation, later said he was in Texas.

Think I'm going to go ahead and ban his IP from TS and the site.

Thanks!

• Moderators

He said he was 18. How could he have worked for Boeing and MCD if he was 18?

What a perfect way to lie! :lol:.

Said he lives in Seattle, traced his IP to Wichita, KS.

Used a proxy, good thing you traced the IP!

Said he was in Oshkosh on vacation, later said he was in Texas.

Still Lying...

Think I'm going to go ahead and ban his IP from TS and the site.

It is suggested and you are lucky to ask us here before going ahead, otherwise it would been much worst.

Thanks!

Not A Problem! :D

• Moderators

I banned him after he couldn't give me proof about working with Boeing. He kept using fillers like 'uhh' and 'umm' trying to find a way to fashion up some fake proof. It was actually kind of amusing.

:lol: :lol: (ROFL)

Scored! Real Smooth! lol.

Yeah, its Funny, i host Teamspeak 3 servers, and the other day a person named Collin Woody entered my server and told me he was a VATSIM SUP, and 30 seconds later he had the server offline because he had some sort of script that sent like 100's of packets at a time, and he crashed the server.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yeah, its Funny, i host Teamspeak 3 servers, and the other day a person named Collin Woody entered my server and told me he was a VATSIM SUP, and 30 seconds later he had the server offline because he had some sort of script that sent like 100's of packets at a time, and he crashed the server.

Sounds like a hacker style... <_<.

I'm a staff member at Denver ARTCC on VATSIM and we had our teamspeak crashed in a similar manner. Another time, some kid came in and was pretending to be the ATM on his Ipod(I wasn't online at the time) and asked for admin permissions. Unfortunately, our training administrator pulled a 'whoopsie' and, without thinking, granted him admin permissions. We couldn't get our TS back for quite a while.

Why do people do this? What is the point in it? Do they take enjoyment out of it?

I call this way too suspicious...

How would he be getting your TS Info... That's the question and that sounds like a hacker here. My suggestion is to secure your teamspeak with a password and keep it private only to members of your VA.

How the heck would he be a web designer for Boeing and McDonald Douglas? This is how I would interveiw candidates, I get the candidates to show their work, completely by giving me their example of codes, and ensuring it's a fully working code...ETC, get him to show his work that he has completed in full.

Otherwise, I don't know much what you are seeing, I can call this a bluff and suspicious. Few of my buddies may know him becasue they were approached with a few false/face-up web designer and they rejected all of them. I'll ask them.

Colin Woody - I ran the name in google search and he's the CEO of this VA (I don't think his website is much a web desinger and not running phpVMS) - http://www.usairways...ement-team.html

you must not think hes hacking lol theres something called a serverlist under connections, ALL servers are in it by default, you have to go into the server and uncheck a few boxes to hide it.