Uploading to Site

Drcodyjones

Hello,

Firstly, I'd like to thank the Developers for making such an awesome product. Now, to the issue. I've downloaded the full version, and uploaded the files to the root page of my site. When I attempt to go to www.-mysite-.com/install/install.php, or go to the First page(root), I get a white page with the black text: Index of /. Also, the Installation page in the DOCS section of the website is not clear at all, so if you would, please direct me through the whole process. Thank you verrrry much.

Thanks, and any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Cody Dewolfe

Future Owner of LDS Airways

EDIT- Please help as soon as possible, I need the website urgently. Thank you in advance!

• Administrators

Hey,

Are you sure you're uploading to the right directory? It should go into a /public_html directory or something if you have it. That's what I would guess, since it's saying Index of /, meaning no files were found there

Try just going to your site's root too (where index.php is), it'll forward you to the correct installer page

Thank you guys soooooooooooooooo much. I used Filezilla, and it works fantastic! just one issue remains. How do I write the following files?

core/local.config.php

core/pages

core/cache

lib/rss

lib/avatars

lib/signatures

It brings me to the installer, and it says I have a good PHP server, but it says those files(above) are not writeable

http://www.ldsva.comxa.com/install/install.php <<<<-------- This is my page, if relevant.

Thank you so much.

• Administrators

Hey, good to hear!! You would right click on the file/folder, and select "file attributes" I think it is in Filezilla, then set it to 777. Then you should be set..

found a few images

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

http://www.interspire.com/content/articles/12/1/FTP-and-Understanding-File-Permissions

Also, I see you're using free hosting; there can be issues with those, just so you're aware!

I have found 1 problem so far.

In the Admin Control Panel, I try to add airports. I enter in the information and click "Add Airport" and it says the airport has been added. Well, the computer is lieing. :P. I then try to go to add a new schedule, and it still states that I have no airports.

Help is greatly appreciated. :P