A few questions about schedules

Unknown98

I downloaded and installed phpVMS a few days ago to play around with it. Managed to create a new skin based off the default Crystal skin, add aircraft, airports and two schedules.

The questions I have are, in the pilot center, there is a link to view flight schedules. The problem is when I search for a departure airport, nothing shows up in the results. I currently have two schedules added, EDDF-EDDB, and EDDB-EDDF. They are enabled in the admin center. What do I need to do to get them to show up?

Also, there is a link to "View my flight bids". How does a pilot bid on a flight? Would this be part of the "View flight schedules" page, if it were working correctly?

Also, does phpVMS keep track of what exact plane is assigned to each schedule? For example, can I just add one boeing 737 in my fleet, or do I have to add more and more aircraft to my fleet with different registration numbers as I add more schedules?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Unk

• Moderators

If you want to view your flight schedules visit this link:

your site url/index.php/schedules/

On the schedules, a pilot can Add to Bid a flight he wants. After that he can go to the View My Bids page and file the pirep, view the flight briefing and the boarding pass. Bid a flight= book a flight. No, phpvms does not keep track of what exact plane is assigned to each schedule. You may add as many schedules as you want with the same aircraft.

I downloaded and installed phpVMS a few days ago to play around with it. Managed to create a new skin based off the default Crystal skin, add aircraft, airports and two schedules.

The questions I have are, in the pilot center, there is a link to view flight schedules. The problem is when I search for a departure airport, nothing shows up in the results. I currently have two schedules added, EDDF-EDDB, and EDDB-EDDF. They are enabled in the admin center. What do I need to do to get them to show up?

Have you added the airports in the admin center?

If you want to view your flight schedules visit this link:

your site url/index.php/schedules/

On the schedules, a pilot can Add to Bid a flight he wants. After that he can go to the View My Bids page and file the pirep, view the flight briefing and the boarding pass. Bid a flight= book a flight. No, phpvms does not keep track of what exact plane is assigned to each schedule. You may add as many schedules as you want with the same aircraft.

Thank you, that works!

Edit: Okay, actually it only partly works. It shows the list of schedules when you first visit that page, but if you try to sort by departure, arrival, aircraft type or distance the results come up blank. I also noticed that the schedules only show up if www. is entered in the URL bar. For example, www.your site url/index.php/schedules/ works, however just your site url/index.php/schedules/ does not. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Have you added the airports in the admin center?

Yes, I did add the airports.

Okay, I managed to get it working by using the Flight Booking System addon. Pilots can search for, bid on and remove bids from flights.

Another problem I'm having though is I'm unable to edit the airports in the admin center. A green box comes up and says "has been edited", but when I refresh the page the airport didn't update. I tried clearing the cache in the maintenance options but that didn't work either. I know I can manually edit/delete them, but I read that that is frowned upon...