Old Problem Is Back Again

TAV1702

Many old timers here may recall the issue of flights being saved in the database as the wrong flight type. Namely charters.

I filed pirep and in my pireps table, the flight type is listed as P when in fact it was a charter flight which should have been saved as flight type H.

To confirm I had the flights set up accordingly, I double checked the schedules table in the database and sure enough, the flight type was in fact H not P.

Does anyone recall the fix for this issue? I have searched and searched adn coming up blank. I found a couple hits but nothing serious.

Thanks!

Thats just it Mark, the flights are marked charter, passenger, and cargo accordingly. I verified it in the databse as well. However, when someone flys a charter or a cargo flight and files a pirep, it is recorded in the database as a passenger flight no matter what type of flight type it was.

I can easily edit the database when needs be, but after while it would get real old. I know if fixed this issue once before, but it was so long ago, I don't recall what was done to fix it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It works correct on one of my sites and not on the other. I have scoured the working site over and over again and can not for the life of me figure out how I solved this problem.

I know the answer to it is in this forum, I just can not locate it anymore. I have searched for countless hours now.

• Moderators

There are 2 possibilities on this issue. 1. The function that inserts the data from submitted PIREPS into PIREPS table. 2. the ACARS client that gets the data from the schedules. Now since you say the schedules are all set up I suggest you start looking into ACARS client data and make sure you have type data correctly and then check the function in PirepData.class.php. I'm pretty sure it's the ACARS since that's the first place the data will be stored before submission.

Well, as per the other post, I tried your code and somehow it worked. I have yet to check the database and see the flight type that was recorded. I know in the past it saved it as a passenger flight no matter what type it was. Anyhow, I am just glad I ran across your code and it worked. That problem has been itching me for a while now. Thanks parkho.