Admin - "An Error Was Encountered Please Login First"

BaRBeR

Hi everyone,

I have been working on a new skin and after logging in, I cannot access the admin panel I continuously get an error saying "an error was encountered please login first". However, I can access the panel when using the crystal skin. I have been searching for hours for a solution can anyone help?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Any solution to this.,...I have the exact same error. Just started. My webhosting company did just move my data to a new server, not sure how that would effect it....everything else on my other websites is working fine and they forwarded all info. ANy help would be appreciated.

BTW - my phpVMS site has been up and running for about a year with no issues....until this, which just started.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. Cookies cleared and also tried it on a new computer with no history...still has issue.

I log in to website, the additional "Admin Center" menu item appears, I click it and then get page with error:

"An Error Was Encountered

Please login first"

My site: http://www.fsfva.impedimentsofwar.org/

I assume I need to fix it on the backend. I have access to my MySQL datbases and FTP, but unsure what to modify to get it to work.

Thanks.

[edit]

In MySQL database "phpvms_groups," there are two entries:

groupid   name		   permissions
1	   Administrators   35651519
2       Active Pilots

In database "phpvms_groupmembers" I am "pilotid" = "1"

id	 groupid	 pilotid
1	 2		 1
2	 1		 1

Looks like I have access to both groups, so should be OK?

Vangelis,

Thanks! The issue came up all of a sudden without me editing anything in the site, it had been running smoothly for over 4 months without any changes having been made. Just weird. I may just backup the whole database and start again, then see if I can restore the database....but I know it will be a pain in the butt, LOL!

Again, thanks for the rresponse.

Correct, it is still not working. I am the main admin/owner with no access. I have one other admin, but he cannot get in either, same error.

Luckily we have auto-PIREP approval setup, so flights get recorded and displayed. We cannot do any administator type things, like approve new members! Everything else seems to be operating properly.

• Moderators

Correct, it is still not working. I am the main admin/owner with no access. I have one other admin, but he cannot get in either, same error.

Luckily we have auto-PIREP approval setup, so flights get recorded and displayed. We cannot do any administator type things, like approve new members! Everything else seems to be operating properly.

Can yo send me the skin you're using to parkho[at]parkho.ir so that I can install it and see what's wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a side thought...could it be that I auto-retired if i did not log in for the defualt 90 days? Does the admin auto-retire? Would the admin still have access to admin panel if auto-retired?

[EDIT] forget my above thought.....I copied my site and database to a new sub-domain address and now everything works fine. Something with my web host server must have cause the error. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO GAVE INPUT AND SPENT TIME LOOKING INTO THIS PROBLEM!!]

Yeah, I had to do a fresh install and then mine worked.

Thanks for the verification/agreement. Perhaps you should change the topic to [sOLVED].....though not sure that is a good, real solution, LOL! But apparently, it is more server side than phpVMS software side...so I would call it a solution!