Anyone uses fuelplanner.com API?

mischka

Hello

Some of you may know the website fuelplanner.com

They have an API now, where you can post variables and get variables back, so you can seamlessly integrate fuelplanning in your website (eg pilot brief)

I'm very inclined to spend the 20 bucks, but there's nothing known about how to integrate it with phpvms. Does any of you use this API and can shed a light? Just so I wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel.

Of course there is an alternative, I'm making my own.

I think you didn't understand my previous post: it's impossible to make a fuelplanner as good as fuelplanner.com in a couple of hours. Now, I don't know your circumstances but most people if they go out to work for a couple of hours they make the 20 bucks for the fuelplanner.com license.

@reachva: same here, I was using it since aerotexas as well. And yes, I saw a fuelplanner around here but it's no good.

I tried to make a fuelplanner based on my own VA's pireps fueldata, but with just over 1000 flights I don't have enough data to make this reliable. For the A321 its within 10% but the 737 deviates around 20% which isn't good enough.

Anyway, when I look at how much time (ie money) I wasted on this fuelplanner module on here and figuring out my own pireps fueldata, I could've splashed out on fuelplanner.com API's for all of you :huh:

I think you didn't understand my previous post: it's impossible to make a fuelplanner as good as fuelplanner.com in a couple of hours.

Who said it would take a few hours? And the reason I'm doing it is because it's not even that good. You can't customise it in the way you should be able to. Sure, the new version allows you to add OEW and TTL but that's the most you can do.

Who said it would take a few hours? And the reason I'm doing it is because it's not even that good. You can't customise it in the way you should be able to. Sure, the new version allows you to add OEW and TTL but that's the most you can do.

So how long you plan to work on this?

You clearly haven't looked very well at how this fuelplanner works: you pass a few parameters (origin and destination icao, aircraft icao) and it returns you an xml file. Thanks tp the php xml parsers you get an object with one line of code, from which you can get loads of info.

For example $fueldata->FUEL_EFU gives you the estimate fuel usage, and $fueldata->FUEL_TOF give you take-off fuel,

With this object and its properties, you can then do whatever you want and display it in any way you like.

In my pilot brief, I have now a full breakdown of all the weights (ZFW, TOW, LW, trip fuel, reserves, etc etc) thanks to this API.

rather than spending hours to develop something that already exists I'd rather make some custom scripts for my VA. Or have a good time with friends :)

So how long you plan to work on this?

You clearly haven't looked very well at how this fuelplanner works: you pass a few parameters (origin and destination icao, aircraft icao) and it returns you an xml file. Thanks tp the php xml parsers you get an object with one line of code, from which you can get loads of info.

For example $fueldata->FUEL_EFU gives you the estimate fuel usage, and $fueldata->FUEL_TOF give you take-off fuel,

With this object and its properties, you can then do whatever you want and display it in any way you like.

In my pilot brief, I have now a full breakdown of all the weights (ZFW, TOW, LW, trip fuel, reserves, etc etc) thanks to this API.

rather than spending hours to develop something that already exists I'd rather make some custom scripts for my VA. Or have a good time with friends :)

I am aware of how it works but it just doesn't have enough flexibility. For example, tell me how you plan on making the loads on the loadsheet match those on the PIREP?

I'm not really sure how much flexibility you want.. like I said you just get the values and can display them any way you want.

The load thing is simple: you just pass an extra parameter to the API (TTL, Total traffic load) and it will calculate the ZFW/MTOW with that, and also consider it in the fuel calculation. It even gives you a number of pounds of overload/underload :)

PS I'm not involved in that project, I just like it a lot. I spent the 20 bucks and its one of the best investments I did for my VA