Alignment issue

mark1million

• Moderators

Hi Nabeel im after a bit of help, im stuck with a problem getting my page to load centre of the screen, If I use Firefox or Chrome the page loads centre, however if I use ie8 the page loads left aligned.

I have tried messing with the css and no matter what I try I cant seem to change the alignment . This little thing is driving me mad if any one could help me,

Thanks….

Ah link would be good, its www.grantsva.com

• Moderators

Managed to sort it, css below if anyone else has the same issue :)

body

{

background: url(images/mainbg.gif) repeat-x 0 0 #DEE6FC;

color: #000000;

font-family: arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;

font-size: 14px;

margin: 0;

padding: 0;

text-align: center;

}

#body

{

width: 770px;

margin: 0 auto;

padding: 0 0 0 0;

background: #FFF;

border-top: none;

border-left: solid 1px #808080;

border-right: solid 1px #808080;

border-bottom: solid 1px #808080;

padding-bottom: 0px;

text-align: left;

}

Added the top to align the whole thing the to center and to align the content added the bottom one.

This is an easy solve! As we all know IE has issues when it comes to rendering pages that use dynamic CSS. By dynamic I mean layout styles....Now some easy fixes would be to use a CSS reset ( google it ) to set the default values to null so the browser doesn't go off and assumes the defaults for you Wrappers height and width. Now another solve could be in the float placement of your layout. Be sure to validate your CSS and often test it within a cross browser setting to insure platform availability. Now seeing how IE is only about 25% of the browsing market...you should be fine. Most of us have gone on to use the wonderful chrome or the mediocre firefox which should render it perfectly!

• 2 months later...

I'm having exactly the same issue...with the live map on my front page. I can't get the text below the map to line up center with the map itself, and it appears different on IE. Ugh.

http://www.linkvirtual.info/

I tried doing different combinations, messing with the CSS etc for about 2hrs last night and still no luck. It's seems a small problem but its an annoyance!

James