[Fixed] lbs/kg errors in reports + some others

jantorre

We have gone live at virtualnorwegian.com with phpVMS and some issues have been spotted:

Our pilots are using different setup regarding metric/imperial so some users will report in lbs some in kg. The problem is that when they have logged lets say 6000lbs, it is reported as 6000kg in the report(fsacars/xacars atleast)(our standard is EURO and KG. So we "pay" 2.2 times more than we should for our fuel ;D

During registrations, we get some internal server error(500) but the registrations apear in the admin center. The pilots do not get confirmation in the browser, so sometimes they try do reg multiple times... And our custom field is not parsed through(vatsim id) have to add them manually. These issues are probably connected somehow. My thoughts: I missed an writing permision or something

I guess this is also connected, sometimes the requested hub is not correct, some of them get "no hub" even though they have done so...

Also I have an admin who cant access the admin site, even though I have sett all rights to him. Me and one other can access with no problems. Dunno what could be wrong there. Any suggestions? He have tried IE and firefox. I even tried making him a own group but it didnt work either.

Even though we have some small issues here, I'm very happy with the system so far ;D and the reports from the pilots is that they are happy with the new stuff ;)

We are coming from VAFS, bought the vabase thingy, but never got it work, and we stumbled across this God sent, who even work for FREE!(I recommend everybody to send some $ to Nabeels paypal so we can continue to have the best tool for VAs)

So, anyone got some tips on our issues?

Regards, Jan Tore

• Administrators

Thanks Jan.

Issue 1 - xacars only does lbs I think, or whatever is reported from FS. As for fsacars, I'm sure I'm missing a few conversions in there. I will take a look.

Issue 2 - I'd check your error logs and see what that server 500 error is. Sounds like PHP or Apache crashing, or some real bad error

Issue 3 - There was a few fixes for that a build or two back. Which permissions did you apply for him, the "FULL_ADMIN" permission?

Nr2 I turned on the errorreports=

SELECT g.groupid
				FROM phpvms_groupmembers g
				WHERE g.pilotid=49 AND g.groupid=
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3
SELECT groupid FROM phpvms_groups
				WHERE name='1'
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3
SELECT g.groupid
				WHERE name='7'
SELECT g.groupid
				WHERE name='6'
SELECT g.groupid
				WHERE name='5'
SELECT g.groupid
				WHERE name='3'
SELECT g.groupid
				WHERE name='4'
SELECT g.groupid
SELECT g.groupid, g.name
				FROM phpvms_groupmembers u,phpvms_groups g
				WHERE u.pilotid=49 AND g.groupid=u.groupid
SELECT * FROM phpvms_airlines 

ORDER BY `code` ASC
SELECT * FROM phpvms_airports 
			WHERE `hub`=1
			ORDER BY `icao` ASC
SELECT * FROM phpvms_awards
INSERT INTO phpvms_fieldvalues (fieldid, pilotid, value)
						VALUES (1, , '123456')
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' '123456')' at line 2

SELECT r.*, (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM phpvms_pilots WHERE rank=r.rank) as totalpilots
				FROM phpvms_ranks r
				ORDER BY r.minhours ASC
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' '123456')' at line 2
SELECT p.*, r.`rankimage`, r.`payrate`
					FROM phpvms_pilots p
						LEFT JOIN phpvms_ranks r ON r.`rank`=p.`rank`
					WHERE p.`pilotid`='0'
UPDATE phpvms_pilots
				SET rank="Training First Officer"
				WHERE pilotid=

SELECT p.*, r.`rankimage`, r.`payrate`
					FROM phpvms_pilots p
						LEFT JOIN phpvms_ranks r ON r.`rank`=p.`rank`
					WHERE p.`pilotid`=''
SELECT * FROM phpvms_pilots
				ORDER BY `pilotid` DESC
				LIMIT 10

NR3, I launched it with  brta 778, will try to update it tonight to the latest.

Now both admins have had problems, but one got it work, was a "remeber me issue there"

We use €/kg and the problem is that some reports will be €/lbs and some in €/kg.

I though I had set up fsacars file to use kg, I guess it was lost in an upgrade I did.

You can cross of the fuel issue with fsacars. XACARS only supports lbs nothing to do there, unless you add an variable to devide by  2.2 when vms is set to kg?

We still have the server 500 error. we have phpMyAdmin,  version 5.0.67, and im very sertain that I have run every install/update.php when installing new betas.

Could there be an permision or something missing?

Regards,

JT

• Administrators

You would have to check your web server logs about the server 500 error. I'm not sure what would be causing that. Does it happen when you do one certain thing?

The thing is, I'm not sure what unit your fuel is in. So I could check when a PIREP is submitted, to tell it to calc fuel with the amount /2.2, but I dunno. I'll make the change/fix and see if has any other problems, and we'll see. It'll be in tonights commit

"500" only happens when new user push "register!"

The error from the log I could find:

[sun Nov 01 05:01:59 2009] [error] [client 62.50.178.213] malformed header from script. Bad header=No recipient addresses found i: php-cgi, referer: http://virtualnorwegian.net/index.php/registration

All info inserted into the forms.

Its all standard from phpvms.beta, are on the latest beta .784, + on extra field for vatsim id.

I got no clue what so ever