What Version should I be running ?

James200410

Sorry guys, but the way the download section is setup, it makes it very hard to work out exactly what version / download I should be using.

I read somewhere that its recommended to use the lastest Beta due to bug features, is this correct ?

If so, do I update, or install the lastest Beta ?

How come none of the .zip files have a revision reference on them ?

e.g phpvms_update_rev780.zip  ?

I have so many zip files now I dont know which is which, and without clear knowledge on what I should be downloading is only making it more and more confusing.

Such a great product, but the way things are structured in not very user friendly for the non-programming newbs who just wish to intergrate this into their VA.

Cheers

Adam

• Administrators

Hey,

Sorry for the confusion. You should be running the latest released version, unless you know what you're doing, and can stand having something broken between revisions, since the betas are in flux from revision to revision. Somet things might be fixed, but others might be broken. Like right now, auth is a little fishy. Last week, bids were in flux (and still are a bit). I try not to break too much between commits, but sometimes it's inevitable.

I've updated the download page to include better descriptions.

http://www.phpvms.net/downloads

Thank you Nabeel, the new description certainly makes it a lot easier, Especially the beta description.

I will again start from scratch and down load and install the release version 1.2.700.

So I take it that you mean the new "REV 780" is an update to the Beta installation ?

Does that make the version now 1.2.780 ?

Just hoping to clear things up.

Thanks again for your assistance and understanding.

Cheers

Adam