Getting XACARS Working with VMS

Mongoose

Right off the bat, I will apologize if this has been asked before. If I am wanting to allow some of my pilots to use XACARS is there a way to get it to work with VMS?

We are currently looking at the possibility to use VMS and are currently testing to see if we can make the move. With out loosing to much data on the pilots. Also long with going to a Automated PIREP reporting system.

Thanks,

Jon Leach

Chief of Staff, USAVAF

www.usavaf.com

• Moderators

hello Jon

u can use xacars in the full beta but as you know a beta still has some bug so if you want to use xacars there will be the problem of some small bugs.

these aren't big bugs they won't harm the normal VA operations but they are there.

hope this gives you all the info you need.

gr joeri

• Administrators

It was supposed to be this week :D

But honestly, I think realistically it'll be a couple weeks, to month or so. The latest betas are pretty solid, so I guess you could use them, but you'd have to be willing to put up with some small problems here or there (if issues come up, I'll have them fixed by the next day usually at the latest). But that's upto you. It helps me, people being on the betas, that way I get to fix the bugs and it's better for everyone all around. This is a side project of mine, so I try to fit it in between life and work (I wanted to fix a bunch of left overs this weekend, but ended up going to two Metallica concerts), so I haven't gotten anything done.

There's a couple things I have to implement for xacars (nothing to do with pireps or that side, it's just for live acars), which they don't provide:

http://bugs.phpvms.net/ticket/36