Pirep Comments

TAV1702

I noticed tonight, I did some traffic patterns and flew around St Louis for a while and landed. Uploaded pirep via FSACARS all went smooth.

Here is my question. Is it possible to make it so that admin can add comments to a pirep that has been submitted using ACARS?

Or is it possible to add comments via ACARS before submitting the pirep? I have setup a bogus flight as suggested in the FAQ for flights not on schedule and I instructed pilots when able to add comments as in where they fly from and to and all that good stuff.

If not is no biggie to me. I can always have them file manually, but that kind of defeats the purpose of ACARS.  ;-)

See that is just it, Admin on site is me and 1 other guy. If I or him come in first and accept pireps, then when you go and view all pireps, you can not add comments to that pirep. So I guess it is only to pending pireps that comments can be added?

Like I say the reason why I bring this up is for charter ( non scheduled flight). The only way I will accept them is if they comment on what was flown and from where and to.  Like the author of the FAQ said, we know right off the get go not to accept a transatlantic flight in a Cessna 172  ;-)

I fly online at an organization that uses Squawkwin and in it they have ACARS as well and it does have a comments box. I wonder if this is the same as the remarks box on ACARS. If so, then all the pilot would need to do is add his/her comments in the remarks?  Question is, will remarks get sent through to the website via ACARS pireps.

• Moderators

See that is just it, Admin on site is me and 1 other guy. If I or him come in first and accept pireps, then when you go and view all pireps, you can not add comments to that pirep. So I guess it is only to pending pireps that comments can be added?

hello TAV1702 this is not correct if you go to vieuw all pirep in the admin next to accept there is a button add comment.

Like I say the reason why I bring this up is for charter ( non scheduled flight). The only way I will accept them is if they comment on what was flown and from where and to.  Like the author of the FAQ said, we know right off the get go not to accept a transatlantic flight in a Cessna 172  ;-)

using xacars you can enter flight details dep/arr icao flightnumber we always put in a C at the end so we can see its charter(TAY985C) and verry importand the correct aircraft registration

this has to be correct or it won't work to pirep a charter.

gr joeri

Yeah I saw the add comment button. ;-)  I'm a dork today. Loads of stuff going on around me.

Yeah I got a very specific flight number to use. There is no mistaking that it is a Free Flight. And you are right, aircraft reg is VERY important for it to work. Thats why if the flight in the database call for a 737 but they choose to fly it in an MD80 instead, they can add that in comment before submitting. I'm going to try the remarks thing in ACARS and see if it sends that info as well.

• Moderators

Yeah I saw the add comment button. ;-)  I'm a dork today. Loads of stuff going on around me.

Yeah I got a very specific flight number to use. There is no mistaking that it is a Free Flight. And you are right, aircraft reg is VERY important for it to work. Thats why if the flight in the database call for a 737 but they choose to fly it in an MD80 instead, they can add that in comment before submitting. I'm going to try the remarks thing in ACARS and see if it sends that info as well.

take a break as we say in Belgium go drink a beer  ;).

i don't thing you completly get what i am saying the flight is not in the database i use charter flights like this if a pilot wants to make a free flight let say EBBR to KJFK our airline doesn't fly US so no route in the database now i go to xacars put in all the info but 2 things are verry importent don't use an existing flight  number we only have numbers so the C after the number make it a charter but also is there so we ar 100%positive the rout is not in the db, then the aircarft reg number this has to be exact.

now you can fly every where you want and make a charter ;D

Fixed a few financials things in this next build, hopefully there will be no problems

Sounds great. I'm not really having any issues the way I do it per say, one time it did not give pilot pay but it was easily adjusted. Other than that it keeps pretty good track of things.