Revision 809: fixed #61, fixed #62, fixed #63, fixed #64, fixed #50, fixed #54, fixed ...

Nabeel

Hey guys! I have been gone since last week and just now getting back into things. I know for a fact that I am many versions behind.  ;)

Is this one good to go? I had read a few things while out of state from my mothers PC while I was there and wasn't sure what was up. I know there were some issues here and there. Was going to go ahead and update my site today to this one if she is ready to roll.

Hop everyone's holiday was great  ;D

• Administrators

Hi Nabeel I seem to have developed a fault with the acars map showing every flight as "Enroute" even on the ground before flight, and no flight updates during flight.  This is with using Xacars and this 809 version.

Regards

Will

Yup, xacars doesn't report a flight phase. I don't have any reliable way of 'guessing' the phase either so it's just labelled as "Enroute"

Weird as it did a few betas ago.  It also doesn't place any icons on the map or update the "time remaining" etc either as it did before.  If you click on the pilot name it then places the start and end icons, but the balloon that appears has no text on it.

• Administrators

Weird as it did a few betas ago.  It also doesn't place any icons on the map or update the "time remaining" etc either as it did before.  If you click on the pilot name it then places the start and end icons, but the balloon that appears has no text on it.

Probably a different client, xacars never did.

It doesn't report a time or distance remaining either, I have to manually calculate those. I'll check out that other issue, seems like some data is missing somewhere. If you empty the acarsdata table, give a fresh flight a try

• Administrators

Ok - I'll empty the table and retry - one other thing I've just remembered, once the flight is over and Xacars is closed, the flight is still showing for quite a while afterwards.  Is that by design?

Yeah, that's by design.

It kinda sounds to me the full flight wasn't logged from the beginning, xacars doesn't report the complete information every time, so if it's from mid flight or a message gets missed, there's missing data

I should appologise now - I am a simpleton!  I had modified the templates and acars js file and not merged the changes with the new ones, so it was still pulling old php!  Sorry.  I've now made the changes I want and everything works ok, including the google map info balloon, and the time remaining info etc (with Xacars!).  It has as you say "Enroute", so maybe it would be possible to change that label based on the speed of the aircraft?  So for instance below 30 kts the aircraft is taxiing etc?

The only thing left is the flight still remaining in the map long after Xacars is closed.  It disappears on its own eventually, after what I presume is some set timeout limit.  Is there a way to change the limit?