AIRMail Beta 2.1

simpilot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I could not help but notice that when a Airmail is sent out to someone, it posts a message that goes top left right under the header that says Mail has been sent or something similar. I am wondering if it possible to toss up a popup or something in the middle of the screen that gives the message and goes away after a couple few seconds maybe. Or something like that.

I have been tossing around ideas about that but come up blank every time. I am not so sure what the best route to take is. I am sure I can code it up, it is the best method to not jack up things that is the issue I am facing. Not sure about using java though due to other java being used on site.

This issue is not a biggie to me. It was just something I noticed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Simpilot.

Is it possible to make it so when viewing messages sent it does not show the entire conversation? How about make it so that it shows like the first 25 characters or so and a link that says read more or something of the such.

For example, I sent one message to a guy and when I went in to my sent mail folder, the one message scrolled for like 2 pages. Yikes! Could you imagine having like 10 or 15 messages in there? :D

• Administrators

Hi Simpilot.

Is it possible to make it so when viewing messages sent it does not show the entire conversation? How about make it so that it shows like the first 25 characters or so and a link that says read more or something of the such.

For example, I sent one message to a guy and when I went in to my sent mail folder, the one message scrolled for like 2 pages. Yikes! Could you imagine having like 10 or 15 messages in there? :D

in the mail_sentitems.tpl change line 78 to

<td align="center"><?php echo substr($test->message, 0, 25); ?></td>

that will show the first 25 characters of the string

• Like 1

Hi Simpilot. I was shooting the jive in the VA forum Beta 2 thread one day and we talked about line breaks in Airmail how the forum adds them to make a nice paragraph structure. http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/3748-vaforum-2/page__st__60__gopid__30493#entry30493

He gave me a bit of code to try but I can't make heads or tails of it. I was wondering if you have a moment to spare if you could take a look at it for me. I would really appreciate it. I have been trying for weeks now and I can not seem to get it to go. Finally figured it was time to ask for a little help.

Thanks in advance either way.

Ray

• Administrators

Hey Ray,

It is something that I do not believe will work in airmail. Unfortunatly there is no formating for the messages so the function will not find line breaks. I had started to completely recode this into keeping each message and reply in an individual data cell in the db so they can be manipulated easier, It is judt turning into more of a new version than an update and was not sure how many people would even be interested if they were to have to change the entire system......

Ahh ok I got ya. I was curious. It gets a little rough when reply on reply is used but it's all good either way. I still love the module and use it daily regardless. ;) Thanks for the reply Simpilot.

And I was not aware that html was allowed to be used in this module. I never even tried it.

• 2 weeks later...

let me start by saying I love all of the simpilot add-on's they are a great addition to any VA site.

I have been reading the posts on the Airmail add-on and I would like to add the image of a mailbox to the pilot profile and the other changes made by TAV but I can not find any of the files to download to make these changes.

If anyone has the required files would it be possible to upload them so I can download them.

Thanks in advance

Scott

let me start by saying I love all of the simpilot add-on's they are a great addition to any VA site.

I have been reading the posts on the Airmail add-on and I would like to add the image of a mailbox to the pilot profile and the other changes made by TAV but I can not find any of the files to download to make these changes.

If anyone has the required files would it be possible to upload them so I can download them.

Thanks in advance

Scott

Hi Scott. What template are you using? The files I changed were for Obsessblue. And I have made a few more changes since I posted that file a while back. Let me see if I still have the zip file. If not, I will see if I can get them out of my install and rip all my custom stuff out to make them back to my original changes.

Ray

Hi Scott. What template are you using? The files I changed were for Obsessblue. And I have made a few more changes since I posted that file a while back. Let me see if I still have the zip file. If not, I will see if I can get them out of my install and rip all my custom stuff out to make them back to my original changes.

Ray

Thanks Ray

I am using a template called detachable.

I hope it will work on that template.

It should work as all the other simpilot addons work without fail.

Scott

Hi Scott. You are correct. All of his modules do work great without question. My concern is the templating changes I made for it to work on my site. I did not mod them files to work on that particular template. Only for obsess blue.

I am in class at the moment. I will check out my files in half an hour or so and get back to you.

Ray

Hi Scott. You are correct. All of his modules do work great without question. My concern is the templating changes I made for it to work on my site. I did not mod them files to work on that particular template. Only for obsess blue.

I am in class at the moment. I will check out my files in half an hour or so and get back to you.

Ray

Thanks Ray,

I appreciate your time and trouble.

I wish I knew how to code then I would give it a go myself

Scott

Hi Scott, obviously you read this entire thread which is very rare for people to do now days. Normally they ask before reading.

So since you read before asking, let me ask you this. What part of my modifications to AirMail are you looking for? The custom menu? The you got mail sounds? Or the flashing mail box thing which if I am not mistaken is part of this anyhow? It's been so long I do not recall.

Or are you wanting the entire things that I modded?

Please note if I give you the entire thing, you are going to need to adjust things in order to get it to play nice with your template. I can not do that for you as I am sure you understand since I am not using that particular skin.

Ray

Hi Scott, obviously you read this entire thread which is very rare for people to do now days. Normally they ask before reading.

So since you read before asking, let me ask you this. What part of my modifications to AirMail are you looking for? The custom menu? The you got mail sounds? Or the flashing mail box thing which if I am not mistaken is part of this anyhow? It's been so long I do not recall.

Or are you wanting the entire things that I modded?

Please note if I give you the entire thing, you are going to need to adjust things in order to get it to play nice with your template. I can not do that for you as I am sure you understand since I am not using that particular skin.

Ray

I think I would like the whole thing because I would like the animated mail box and the sound would be good and the custom menu would be good as a standalone application for the AIRmail system on the site. really I just want it to notify the pilot that they have mail when the log in to the pilot centre and on any other pages they may visit.

Thanks

Scott

Here you go Scott. Use at your own risk. As I said, we are both using different templates. You should be good to go on my new mail menu though no matter what skin you are using.

As far as the you got mail sounds go, look in the check_mail file to change sounds. I included my sounds folder.

I can not be held responsible for your use of these files. I hope you can use them or get some good info from them and code up your own. Enjoy!

Ok So I am out of attachment quota. I will PM you a link. Please PM me when you grab the file so I can remove it.

Ray

Hi Dave. Quick question for you if I may. I edited the mail_sentitems.tpl file. I wanted it to NOT show the message sent and instead make the subject line a link to the message. I got the subject to work as a message, but every time I go to click on the subject as a link, it tells Me that I can not view someone else's mail.

I am not sure what code I need to include and where at to view it that way. The issue I was having that prompted me to try this method was, some posts are extremely long and that page is WAY long. And with it bunching the entire message up on the right side of the page was making it REALLY long too.

I thought of trying to format the page like a forum post where it shows all the important info on the left and the post on the right, but struck out there too. I had errors flying all over the place. I personally never look at the sent items folder, but I began catching hell about it from other pilots. I am sure it is a simple fix and I am just being to dam blonde to figure it out. I been at it about 4 days now. I figured I might finally ask about it. I try until my hair gets ripped out before I ask. ;)

Thanks for the read.

Ray

**EDIT**

On second thought, I now know why it is doing that and it most likely is not going to work the way I need it to. I will just have to re skin the table to mimic a forum looking post. That should solve the long drawn out page.

Right now Mark, I am game to try anything. As I said previously, I had pondered even skinning it to look like a forum post. All the date and other info on the left and the post on the right.

If you know any nifty tricks I can try for the mean time that looks ok, fill me in. I have tried everything short of a recode on this one page. All the other airmail pages are top notch though.

Ray

Yeah Dave, you are spot on. I did get the subject to be a link, but the way the Airmail sees it, when the link (subject) is clicked, it thinks I am trying to open someone else's Airmail. I understand why it sees it that way, I just can't figure a way around it.

It really is fine as is, BUT if people keep replying to the Airmail over and over, it becomes VERY long and drawn out. I know it is not a bug and the Airmail is working as class act as it was designed to. I guess it is more of a want than a need. ;)