Admin Password

CPC900

On ONE of my sites, I can't login for some reason and therefore can't do admin duties.  I checked the database and it seems fine.  Is there a way to change my password through the database?  Or will an update fix it?  Or do I need to re-install from scratch?

• Administrators

Weird.

Try this out

In your DB user, set the salt column to blank (no spaces)

THen goto:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~jlpoutre/BoT/Javascript/Utils/md5_hashing.html

Enter a password there, and copy the "HEX encoded md5 hash:" into the password column. Then try logging in. Them immediately change your password

Nabeel.....I tried all that.  I am not a total idiot :)

I think I did something on the update when I moved stuff to a different folder......never mind, long story.  I plan to do a full install to rectify it.  I figured I would have to anyway.  Was cutting some corners.  That will teach me. Thanks though.

• Administrators

Nabeel.....I tried all that.  I am not a total idiot :)

I think I did something on the update when I moved stuff to a different folder......never mind, long story.  I plan to do a full install to rectify it.  I figured I would have to anyway.  Was cutting some corners.  That will teach me. Thanks though.

Sorry, I wasn't sure what you had tried and not tried.

Folders shouldn't affect anything since it's all DB related

Well.......I moved stuff to a different folder on my server, than did an update from old location to new one etc. etc.

I thought as I ws doing it I should have done it a bit differently, but I am having fun messing around.  I have one of my 3 site running with PHPVMS and will finish with my 2nd this week.  After that is done I will complete my 3rd conversion.  The first 2 were just learning the new system.  All in all. I LOVE phpvms!!!  Just takes a bit to get used to a new way(better way) of running a VA.

Thanks for everything!!!