Looking for Help

bravo27

Gents, I have been meaning to update to the latest version but I am a little reluctant to do so. The reason being is that I have just added 1,100 destinations to the database and I dont want to do it again! Could someone please talk me through the process of doing this please?

I have a TS3 server which the link for is on the front page of my site: Robin Hood Airlines

If someone could pm me who is willing to help me out with a time etc, I will make damn sure I am there.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Dale.

PS. Please make the time after 2100 GMT please if you can.

Hi Dale,

There really isn't anything to updating PHPVMS. I've been messing with PHPVMS for about a year now and an update has never damaged my database. If your updating to a beta then there may be a bug here or there but it usually doesn't take Nabeel long to have a fix out for it.

Here are the steps to updating your site.

Before proceeding make sure all your custom edited files from Core/Templates have been moved to your skins folder (lib/skins/SKIN_NAME)

1. Download the official update from the Download link above or the latest beta from the Beta forum

2. Unzip the update on your computer and then upload it to your host.

3.Go to www.yoursite.com/install/update.php

4. If the update was successful then you can delete the install folder.

That's it.

Hi Dale,

There really isn't anything to updating PHPVMS. I've been messing with PHPVMS for about a year now and an update has never damaged my database. If your updating to a beta then there may be a bug here or there but it usually doesn't take Nabeel long to have a fix out for it.

Here are the steps to updating your site.

Before proceeding make sure all your custom edited files from Core/Templates have been moved to your skins folder (lib/skins/SKIN_NAME)

1. Download the official update from the Download link above or the latest beta from the Beta forum

2. Unzip the update on your computer and then upload it to your host.

3.Go to www.yoursite.com/install/update.php

4. If the update was successful then you can delete the install folder.

That's it.

Done and a big thanks to Vansers for talking me through it!