Curiosity on Alaska Adventures...

Simon VVair

Hi all,

just curious.. i've seen that John filed 23 reports yesterday for a total amount of more than 24 hours of flight.. and same the day before..

Just to know, those pireps are inserted manually or done with fspax/fsacars? I think it would be good that it could be shown on the VAcentral page (at least i know why an airline does so many flights in one day climbing the rank in a very fast way ;) ).

Ciao,

Simon

• Moderators

hello Simon,

first i want to say i find it a bid sad you are starting this tread.we are all doing this for a hobby and do this to get some stress releaf.

now on the mather off the many pireps:

va central is still in development so errors can still happen and even iff he is "cheating" iff i am not wrong Nabeel is building in some sort off lets call it anti cheat.

and i even think this is not the place for these questions iff you ar so  curios just ask them in person and not via this way it will only start unneccesary discucions.

gr joeri

hello Simon,

first i want to say i find it a bid sad you are starting this tread.we are all doing this for a hobby and do this to get some stress releaf.

Personally i think it's more sad that a person cheates rather than the person that points out a problem.....  ;)

VACentral has been created also for this reason, as Nabeel states :

" It's targeted as both a publicity tool for VAs, and introduces a competitive environment."

I love competition, but this does not mean that i tollerate sandbags.

now on the mather off the many pireps:

va central is still in development so errors can still happen and even iff he is "cheating" iff i am not wrong Nabeel is building in some sort off lets call it anti cheat.

and i even think this is not the place for these questions iff you ar so  curios just ask them in person and not via this way it will only start unneccesary discucions.

gr joeri

Thanks for the informations.

Regarding sending a private message.. useless, beleave me.

And he can easely post here saying that he's just testing the system, being a beta.

Ciao,

Furthermore, Alaska Airline moved from an old system to phpVMS.  In order to transfer time over, I believe they are doing it by manual reports.  Just because you see 20 pireps entered in one day does not need to mean that someone is cheating.  More than likely, just getting caught up in paperwork.

I agree with Nabeel, starting a thread such as this in an open forum, well, bad form chief.

Chuck

CYXU

Something else to be aware of.  VaCentral does not tell you the status of a reported flight.  It does not know if the flight is waiting approval, approved or rejected.  It is possible that what you saw was testing of code by means of manual pireps that may or may not have already been rejected and awaiting deleting. 

I know it doesn't tell you if a flight has been rejected because I rejected a flight and it shows in our VA profile as a flight.

• Administrators

Furthermore, Alaska Airline moved from an old system to phpVMS.  In order to transfer time over, I believe they are doing it by manual reports.  Just because you see 20 pireps entered in one day does not need to mean that someone is cheating.  More than likely, just getting caught up in paperwork.

I agree with Nabeel, starting a thread such as this in an open forum, well, bad form chief.

Chuck

CYXU

Well, the PIREPs were flagged on my end, I did get a notice. Well, it shouldn't affect the ranking much, though I did make some adjustments.

Rejected flights should sync with vacentral eventually, but a few reject pireps won't make much of a difference overall

Hi all,

just curious.. i've seen that John filed 23 reports yesterday for a total amount of more than 24 hours of flight.. and same the day before..

Just to know, those pireps are inserted manually or done with fspax/fsacars? I think it would be good that it could be shown on the VAcentral page (at least i know why an airline does so many flights in one day climbing the rank in a very fast way ;) ).

Ciao,

Simon

Those hours are from the old site before phpVMS. There was now way to transfer our FSACARS dtate, so we all had to fille each flight manually like that. Although most of us have already done are manually transfer. John has been away and is just now getting to this. I think there are a few others as well.