Adding fleet to routes...

Alexair

Hello,

I would like to add all the fleet on each route flown, is there any option to do that automatically without having to write the very same route all over again for every aircraft??

Ex: If I have 3 Aircraft: A320 with reg: N123, N456, N789

And if I am creating route from point A to point B Flight UAL007

Then Do I really have to write 3 route insted of one with all 3 reg?

ex:

A to B UAL007 N123

A to B UAL007 N456

A to B UAL007 N789

I am asking that because I have a real fleet listing with 22 different aircraft type and each type got between 10 to 20 reg...

Thanks,

Alex

• Administrators

Well, do realize that the aircraft listed on a route is only as reference? They can file a PIREP using any aircraft, or you can put in the notes for that schedule that any aircraft can be used.

The easiest way to add/edit routes is the import file

Hello Nabeel,

Well that's what I thought.

I think it might be a wonderful option to have kind of a button to select whether the whole fleet should be used for every single route or not (or something like that). Especially useful for the maintenance of the aircrafts.

I understood that it is not yet implemented but that you are working on it right? That would be fantastic to have aircraft being grounded for maintenance (all kind of typical real maintenance with associated expenses and at the right intervals).

Alex

• Administrators

Hello Nabeel,

Well that's what I thought.

I think it might be a wonderful option to have kind of a button to select whether the whole fleet should be used for every single route or not (or something like that). Especially useful for the maintenance of the aircrafts.

I understood that it is not yet implemented but that you are working on it right? That would be fantastic to have aircraft being grounded for maintenance (all kind of typical real maintenance with associated expenses and at the right intervals).

Alex

Well, the system uses the actual aircraft that are used, not the ones that are scheduled. That's how the reports are tabulated right now. So they can use any aircraft, the one listen on the schedule is just that - for scheduling. If I indicate it's used on every route, then the stats would be very off

Yes that's good for us at this time as we have a fleet based of 75 aircraft (19 types)!! So I used a fictive aircraft called by the name of the company for all the routes (1012 routes!) and add on remark that the choice of aircraft is left to the pilot.

One idea that would be great is to have the load factor % capacity when biding to be able to load the actual aircraft accuratly in Flight Simulator to really simulate the actual load factor given by phpVMS. Is this would be possible or too hard to implement?

Keep up with the hard work. Much appreciated...

Alex

• Administrators

Yes that's good for us at this time as we have a fleet based of 75 aircraft (19 types)!! So I used a fictive aircraft called by the name of the company for all the routes (1012 routes!) and add on remark that the choice of aircraft is left to the pilot.

One idea that would be great is to have the load factor % capacity when biding to be able to load the actual aircraft accuratly in Flight Simulator to really simulate the actual load factor given by phpVMS. Is this would be possible or too hard to implement?

Keep up with the hard work. Much appreciated...

Alex

That's generated at PIREP time though you could mod the page to show a load. As for having it loaded into FS itself, a program would have to be written to do that, I don't really have the time. But it could be added into the pilot's brief page

Yep that's what I meant, to show it on the briefing page within phpVMS. As for the Flight Simulator well, this is not very important as a lot of aircraft got their own loading program but would be good to know what to insert in them.

So, are you planning to make it appear on the briefing page or do I have, as you said, to mod the page myself?

Alex

• Administrators

Yep that's what I meant, to show it on the briefing page within phpVMS. As for the Flight Simulator well, this is not very important as a lot of aircraft got their own loading program but would be good to know what to insert in them.

So, are you planning to make it appear on the briefing page or do I have, as you said, to mod the page myself?

Alex

You can mod it, I won't get the chance for a few days, things are a bit hectic here at work, and after staring at code all day, it's nice to get a break from it when I go home. I probably won't get to anything until the weekend