PIREP questions

Alexair

Here I go, again...

Some questions concerning the PIREP system:

- How does the system recognize the date the flight was done (without using FsAcars)?

Ex: If I have made a flight yesterday but I file the PIREP only tomorrow, which date it will take into consideration? Depending the answer, would it be possible to include that in phpVMS in the next release??

- Same question about the departure and arrival time. We have to indicate the flight time but not the departure and arrival time? Would it be possible to include an option (that we can switch ON or OFF for each route as desired)  on the next release with a possible penalty (money wise) if the flight is late by a certain amount of time? As it is in real life sometime.

Thanks,

Alex

• Administrators

It thinks its done on the date it's filed. I can add that field.

The dep/arr times - I had left those out because of issues with timezones, and formatting, and it gets kinda complicated pretty quickly. I wasn't really sure how to handle that, but if you have suggestions for that I can take them into consideration

Hi Nabeel,

Yes, that would be great if you can add the field (date) as what about the monthly expenses? Ex: flight done on the 31st of the month and the PIREP filed on the 1st of the next month...

As for the time, I think the best way to do it is to enter the time in zulu  time (UTC) in the PIREP. Like that the system will be able to know if the flight was much longer that expected and then it will be able to apply penalty (optional penalty would be good and also option to set the amount of time exceeded before applying penalty).

Alex

• Administrators

But I allow times in schedules in localized timezones, so I can't really check for that. That might be more suitable for an addon, which will put in another layer of checks as a pirep is filed.

The monthly expenses couldn't be done until this next update, since now PIREPS are calculated in real-time instead of cached (as of the next update, which isn't out yet)