PIlot Badges

TAV1702

Hello everyone

I am attempting to change the font size on the pilot badge and no matter what I do in the local config file, the font size4 will not change. The funny part is, I can alter every toher setting with success but no matter what I do, the font size will not change.

Anyone else ran in to this and found a fix? I attempted to change font on other phpvms installs the same way and with success each time.

I am baffled. Any help is appreciated.

Been there done all that. Reset sigs and all. I been using phpVMS for years now and this is the first time I ever had this issue.

If I edit my config file, I can change font type, color, offset, show copyright or not, etc etc the only thing that will not change is the font size. I even did away with the css on a test site and still a no go. I thought I had a conflict with css or something but it can't be. It is controlled with the config files.

Have you been trying to make the font bigger than 10? Because it won't go larger than 10

I have mine set to 12 without isssue

# Options for the signature that's generated
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_USE_CUSTOM_FONT', true);
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_FONT_PATH', SITE_ROOT.'/lib/fonts/Maiandra GD.ttf');
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_FONT_SIZE', '12');
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_TEXT_COLOR', '#808080');
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_SHOW_EARNINGS', true);
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_SHOW_RANK_IMAGE', true);
Config::Set('SIGNATURE_SHOW_COPYRIGHT', false);

I actually have set mine larger than 10 before as well. The funny part is, it is like size maybe 6 in the phpVMS website as well as in the phpBB3 forum as well. I was leaning towards css conflict on the website it self, but beings how it is the same size on the badges when viewing in phpBB3 .... Well, that lends a whole new thought. Not sure what the deal is.

**EDIT**

I have added my UAL sig here so you can see. It shows the same small font on here as well as on our site at the VA. In the app config as well as the local_config it is set to font size 10. That is not a 10. And notice how the US flag is overlapping the text? I have done everything I can in the config files and it will simply not fix it.

Tried:

edit config files

Reset sigs after edit config files

cleared cache

cleared everything else to no avail

• Administrators

There is a section deep in the PilotData.class.php file function that builds the signature that should look something like this depending on the version;

# Add the country flag, line it up with the first line, which is the
# pilot code/name
$country = strtolower($pilot->location);
if(file_exists(SITE_ROOT.'/lib/images/countries/'.$country.'.png'))
{
$flagimg = imagecreatefrompng(SITE_ROOT.'/lib/images/countries/'.$country.'.png');

if(Config::Get('SIGNATURE_USE_CUSTOM_FONT') == false)
{
$ret = imagecopy($img, $flagimg, strlen($output[0])*$fontwidth,
 ($yoffset+($stepsize/2)-5.5), 0, 0, 16, 11);
}
else
{
# figure out where it would go
$ret = imagecopy($img, $flagimg, $flag_bb[4]+5, $flag_bb[5]+2, 0, 0, 16, 11);
}
}

It should calculate the placement automatically but if you have altered the class to change the size it is probably not seeing that and you will have to adjust it manually which may be a little tough with names of different lengths. The section - $flag_bb[4]+5, $flag_bb[5]+2, 0, 0, 16, 11 - is what sets the image location on the background.

The settings are explained here -> http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.imagecopy.php

Thanks Dave. I'll take a look at the explanation and see what it says. I am not sure why the font would not adjust size so I got rid of the call from the pilot data class to the config and inserted a default size. However, the flag was positioned over the text before I did that edit. The issue withe the signatures came about after the whole hacking incident that we ( most of us ) all suffered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...