iOS App Development

Tom

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which iOS application would you prefer?

• Generic phpVMS utility/administration application (Idea 1 below)
    • White-label application to customise for each VA (Idea 2 below)

App development has been mentioned before and I'd really like to do some more iOS work, so I wanted to gauge the interest for phpVMS VA apps on iOS.

So far the best ways I see of going about this are:

1. Generic phpVMS utility/administration application which gives access to standard functions, this would be free to the VA but probably have to carry a small cost on the app store
  2. White-label application which can be customised (based on pre-built modules determined by demand) to the VA style, with an up-front cost to the VA but free on the app store.

What do people think to these ideas? Which method would be most appealing to you guys?

Also, any and all ideas for what you'd want to be able to achieve with the application, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

• Like 1

I think it depends on the price for each. Would the user have to pay for the app for the first one or would it be free to all users? I'd love for there to be an added mail system for it.

I hope you continue this development as it would interest a lot of people, including myself.

Regards,

Myles

I think it depends on the price for each. Would the user have to pay for the app for the first one or would it be free to all users? I'd love for there to be an added mail system for it.

I hope you continue this development as it would interest a lot of people, including myself.

Regards,

Myles

The first would be a paid app for the user (<£1), and could connect to any participating VA (no charge to the VA).

The second would be a cost to the VA (dependent on what's included), but free to all users.

A mail system as in integrating with mail modules, i.e. simpilot's airmail?

Ok, at the moment I'd prefer to stick to iOS development for a bit - I haven't worked with native android development yet and I'd prefer not to go with a hybrid app.

I've added a poll to the topic, I'd appreciate if anyone interested would answer which type they'd prefer :)