How can we make pilots pick a date for flights?

stuartpb

I have an idea that I would love to implement in how our pilots book flights. I basically want them to have to chose a realtime date on which they will fly their booked flights. Ideally I would like to do this as part of the booking process. I know I would probably need to add a field to the existing SQL bids table, but that's about as much as I can work out. If anyone has any idea as to how to go about this, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Stu

That could be covered in an addon, I know there was an addon for bids, perhaps it could be included in that

I had a look at the bids addon but the dates fields in v1.0 don't seem to do anything. I have also scoured the addons/snippets pages with no success. I have been thinking about how to do it and have the basic concept worked out, but am stumped at how to implement what I want. I think a bid confirmation page would be needed, where there is a date input field, along with the chosen flight details. Then when the pilot confirms their booking, they would have to enter a real date on which they were going to be flying. The date input field would record the selected date to a new field in the bids table. The date would then appear in the users my bids, and also in the admin latest bids page. I have been messing round all night with this, and following some PHP tutorials but am well and truly stumped :(

Cheers,

Stu

I've done a simple mock up of what i am trying to achieve. I know how to enter the new fields in the table I want, how to build the layout of the page, and style it. Where I haven't a clue is how to construct the code to make it all work.

Here's the (very) simple mock up of the idea:

http://www.britair.net/example.html