Deleting Pilot

lorlandi

One little question, on deleting pilot from admin panel all register including pireps etc... are deleting too. But for example, the deleted pilot ID was DDD002, but on register a new pilot the ID is 003 and the pilots table appear DDD001 , DDD003.

Any chance to continue according database ID.

Thanks again.

• Moderators

Mmmmm......ok, it's mean the only way is to change mannualy the database in "Table Options......auto-increment field".

Thanks Nabeel.

i wouldn't change the id iff i was you tried id in the past will screw up the whole phpvms.

gr joeri

• Moderators

What you can do is what i have done on my dev site, go in to phpmyadmin and select the pilots table then operations, and defrag and optimize it, that will reduce the number again but you can seriously screw things up if you do this at the wrong time.

SO i wouldn't attempt on a live site.

I made the change on database joeri and works ok, anyway you are correct in case a pilot in the middle of the table but in this was the last pilot registered and then deleting, that was only a test.

Thanks anyway for your support.

Regards

• Administrators

I made the change on database joeri and works ok, anyway you are correct in case a pilot in the middle of the table but in this was the last pilot registered and then deleting, that was only a test.

Regards

Just watch out because that ID is used in other tables as well. So if you change it there, and not everywhere else, then you'll be missing data

• Moderators

Regards

for me it was also working in he beginning but after a few day the problems got on their way i just wanted to warn you

Ok joeri, but now i'm making many test in all pages, database and all resorces of this excelent software, and before start officialy the virtual airline site i nedd to know what can i do and limitations, anyway i made changes few days ago and screw up the whole phpvms like your warning before ,lol.

Thanks and regards all

• Moderators

Ok joeri, but now i'm making many test in all pages, database and all resorces of this excelent software, and before start officialy the virtual airline site i nedd to know what can i do and limitations, anyway i made changes few days ago and screw up the whole phpvms like your warning before ,lol.

Thanks and regards all

what you can do: the sky is the limit :lol:

limitations that will be awnserd from Nabeel :)

gr joeri