Sending Data to the VMS from A Program

AFVA | Mitchell

Hi Mitchell

I also agree with Lorathon, about using the PC hour instead of fsim hour

our va already moved ~30-40% of our pilots to phpVMS (>30 pireps day now) , and I started to see problems

at least every two days or less where pilots had the hour messed up on fsacars due to some addon changing the our on fsim

this is also one of the main reasons to we start investigating creation of one working ACARS system to phpVMS.

About the FSUIPC , you can either get local hour, minute, sec using this offsets (0238 , 0239 , 023A) or get the Zulu hour and minute

using the offset 023B and 023C

• Administrators

Hi Mitchell

I also agree with Lorathon, about using the PC hour instead of fsim hour

our va already moved ~30-40% of our pilots to phpVMS (>30 pireps day now) , and I started to see problems

at least every two days or less where pilots had the hour messed up on fsacars due to some addon changing the our on fsim

this is also one of the main reasons to we start investigating creation of one working ACARS system to phpVMS.

About the FSUIPC , you can either get local hour, minute, sec using this offsets (0238 , 0239 , 023A) or get the Zulu hour and minute

using the offset 023B and 023C

Give FS Flight Keeper a shot, it works nearly perfect

Give FS Flight Keeper a shot, it works nearly perfect

For personal use I do agree with you , but our pilots doesn't want to spend the money FSFK ask for it

some pilots does use (like I do) , but is way more than a ACARS system

just on our test server for phpVMS we already have 250 Pilots , the costs of having all using FSFK is somehow prohibitive

(after all users migrate this number will go close to 600)

• Administrators

For personal use I do agree with you , but our pilots doesn't want to spend the money FSFK ask for it

some pilots does use (like I do) , but is way more than a ACARS system

just on our test server for phpVMS we already have 250 Pilots , the costs of having all using FSFK is somehow prohibitive

(after all users migrate this number will go close to 600)

Yup, I hear ya there. Well, they still offer discounts to VAs, so I guess those pilots who want to can at least get a discount. But you have to contact them about that

Yup, I hear ya there. Well, they still offer discounts to VAs, so I guess those pilots who want to can at least get a discount. But you have to contact them about that

I did contacted them on Jan when we did the planning for migrate to phpVMS , since them I had no response , and even with VA discount the price still above US$30.00 per copy

we should get together all VA Admins that are planning a ACARS system (like I do see at least 4 persons on the forum talking about) and discuss something Opensource to phpVMS like phpVMS is(could be great for VAcentral), get everyone involved and work like a team on it.

• Administrators

I did contacted them on Jan when we did the planning for migrate to phpVMS , since them I had no response , and even with VA discount the price still above US$30.00 per copy

we should get together all VA Admins that are planning a ACARS system (like I do see at least 4 persons on the forum talking about) and discuss something Opensource to phpVMS like phpVMS is(could be great for VAcentral), get everyone involved and work like a team on it.

Sounds like a good plan, we could keep the repository on github so people can contribute. I wouldn't mind managing it - I don't really have much time for coding, though I could provide the XML spec and then write the phpVMS add-on piece of it.

Guest N402KC

Anyone have the VB (visual studio 2008) code for a counter/stopwatch?

Just use the timer thats in VB2008 and set the intreval. Remember that 1000MS = 1 second.