Deleting HUBS

teamsiems

Since the forum does not allow search on less than 4 characters and the Documentation "forum" is less than adequate, I guess I have to do this the old fashion way and throw a fishing line out and see who responds.

I'm trying out phpvms and I cannot delete hubs (e.g. default KJFK).

What's the best way to do that? Thanks.

• Moderators

Since the forum does not allow search on less than 4 characters and the Documentation "forum" is less than adequate, I guess I have to do this the old fashion way and throw a fishing line out and see who responds.

I'm trying out phpvms and I cannot delete hubs (e.g. default KJFK).

What's the best way to do that? Thanks.

You can go to airport where your hub is and click edit on the right side and uncheck the box by Hub and click edit. To delete an airport you have to go to phpMYADMIN and go to the the DB where phpvms is located at and go to airports then check a box on which airport you want to take off and click on the X and follow the prompt.

You can go to airport where your hub is and click edit on the right side and uncheck the box by Hub and click edit. To delete an airport you have to go to phpMYADMIN and go to the the DB where phpvms is located at and go to airports then check a box on which airport you want to take off and click on the X and follow the prompt.

phpmyadmin...that's what I was afraid of. There is nothing in the admin panel to remove an airport - that's bad design.

Guest N402KC

I know. I usually delete airports from PHPMYADMIN.

Try to do everything threw the admin panel as it was made to do from. Doing things from PHPMyAdmin could cause operating issues of the VMS

• Administrators

There is a good reason you can not delete an airport -> when the system recalculates PIREPS it uses the data out of the airports table to figure distances among other things. So, if you manually delete an airfield that has been previously used in a PIREP when the system recalculates it will come up with some poor calculations, which in turn will affect finances, and other stats in the VA. Hope this explains the why a little better.

• Like 1

There is a good reason you can not delete an airport -> when the system recalculates PIREPS it uses the data out of the airports table to figure distances among other things. So, if you manually delete an airfield that has been previously used in a PIREP when the system recalculates it will come up with some poor calculations, which in turn will affect finances, and other stats in the VA. Hope this explains the why a little better.

Understood. I was just venting a little. I wanted to delete unused airports. It could give a warning of pending doom if you try to change data that would effect recalculations.

Thanks for the responses.

• Administrators

Understood. I was just venting a little. I wanted to delete unused airports. It could give a warning of pending doom if you try to change data that would effect recalculations.

Thanks for the responses.

Sorry about that. I can add a note to that page. Yeah, the main reason is that it could affect existing PIREPs, or any ACARS flights which use those airports