[soved] smartCARS 2 - £2 Reward for person who can fix

Morgan

Hello all i have a very large issue

On the smartcars tracker it can take upto 12-24 hours for the flight page on the tracker to update e.g. if a book a flight on the website it will take 12+ hours to show up on the flights page, however if i book or delete on the tracker its self it does book/delete it fine but the flight page still doesn't update. There are no error logs in the core log or in the file were the scripts are heldt. other trackers work fine.

on my other va everything works fine - i moved there tracker to sas to see if it got the problem (it did) so its my site not the tracker but i cant find out what, TFDI have no words - all forms of caching have been disabled

please please help me and my 300+ pilots

note: sorry for spelling writing very quickly and im very tried

Edited by Morgan

emm thanks for reply parkho but you haven't fully understood,

on the tracker the flights page (were it shows your bookings) isnt updating its nothing to do with displaying on the website, the live map works 100% its just the smartcars tracker is having trouble (i have checked and its the site not the tracker)

on smartcars the flights page is updating correctly or downloading the data - i tested by putting my other 2 smartcars tracker to sas and they all got same problem and it disappeared when i switched them back

AKA its my site

• Moderators

emm thanks for reply parkho but you haven't fully understood,

on the tracker the flights page (were it shows your bookings) isnt updating its nothing to do with displaying on the website, the live map works 100% its just the smartcars tracker is having trouble (i have checked and its the site not the tracker)

on smartcars the flights page is updating correctly or downloading the data - i tested by putting my other 2 smartcars tracker to sas and they all got same problem and it disappeared when i switched them back

AKA its my site

in your "core/modules" folder there should be a folder for your ACARS(your case, smartcars). I would look in there to see how it gets its data from site. I don't have smartCARS installed and cannot run it to tell you what's wrong but try look into that folder to see what you can find out.

• Moderators

The issue is clearly a smartCARS issue and its communication with your website. I would follow what parkho said. Furthermore, without having access to smartCARS core files, there is nothing we can do to assist you. I would suggest you searching your functions.php and finding the function which parses the flight data from your website to your acars system. Then I would try to check what kind of data are parsed to the acars.

The simpler thing I can think is sending an email to a selected email with the flight data printed in its content. After that you will be able to see where exactly the problem happens.