External connections used by phpVMS

jantorre

Hi folks,

my web host doesn't allow external databases. But if I knew what connections I need I could maybe get some exceptions(ip addresses or similar)

Reason for asking:

some features like Live fuel, doesn't work with our server, and also if we are going to use VAcentral we need a external access.

Pulling airport data when adding new airports actually works.

Sorry for my messy post, looking forward for an answer B)

• Administrators

Hey,

You'll need to open access to api.phpvms.net/api.vacentral.net. The airport data pull is done by the browser, but there are pulls done internally - that's ws.geonames.org, or you can switch it in the config to use api.phpvms.net

• 1 month later...

I can add airports, click look up and it fails to pull the data for me as it should, and, I can not get a live price to show up. It simply says Waiting for ICAO change... Would this be an issue with the server my hosting is on? I have bumped into a couple other problems with the server my site is on as well. Am thinking of switching to Nabeel.

The reason I ask is, a pirep was submitted and I looked at it with the edit button and it charged me $5.10 for fuel. I then went to view the airport info and it says it is live. I checked my config and use live is set to true. All pireps I get are charging me $5.10. I don't think my site is able to get data the way it is supposed to.

phpVMS Version 2.1.935

This worked for me before I switched domains. same server, different domain. Here is my info

phpVMS Virtual Airline Administration Software

Install Check

phpVMS Build Number: 935

Checking PHP version

[OK] PHP version is 5.2.8.x

ASP Tags

[OK] ASP-style tags are disabled

Checking connectivity...

[OK] Can contact outside servers

Checking for SimpleXML module...

[OK] SimpleXML module exists!

Checking file hashes for corrupt or mismatched files

[OK] No errors found!

-- Checked 183 files, found 0 errors

As you can see, I am able to connect to outside servers.

• Administrators

It says it can contact outside servers, hmm. When you open the airport dialog box, and move off of the ICAO field, it should refresh the live price. Does it come up then? I will check the API server as well to see if there are any errors

Edit: Oof, damn. Seems like Airnav has blocked phpvms maybe... hmm

• Administrators

I've emailed them, it seems that they are blocking my server. That's not really fair, I've emailed them several times before starting, and there's no acceptable use policy on their site, much less one forbidding certain clients. Let's see what they say. Sorry about that!

I've emailed them, it seems that they are blocking my server. That's not really fair, I've emailed them several times before starting, and there's no acceptable use policy on their site, much less one forbidding certain clients. Let's see what they say. Sorry about that!

Nothing to apologize about Nabeel. It's not your fault. Sh*t happens from time to time eh? ;)