Special Operations VA's

binary37

Hi there,

I'm a retired airfoce officer and run a military / SOC VA in the Netherlands.

It's very difficult to find good performing VA software for us.

I truly believe that if phpVMS is willing to support us too, their marketshare will grow.

We need software with the same capabilities as for a civilian VA however there are a few other things.

- military don't fly "routes", they fly missions and every mission is different. However we have standard patrol, AAR, etc procedures wich fit nearly but not complete in the phpVMS package.

- the pilots and Groups thing fit. (no changes needed)

- Airline Operations should be changed in Ops Center and then

- - Add & Edit Squadrons (to be changed)

- - Add & Edit Fleet (no changes needed)

- - Add & Edit Airports (no changes needed)

- - Missions (to be changed)

- - - Add Mission

- - - View Active missions

- - - View inactive missions

- Import Schedules (no changes needed)

- Export Schedules (no changes needed)

In the military you are not automaticly promoted from LT, to 1stLT, to Captain etc based on flight hours,but by decision of the Chief of Staff (hence me the CEO actually) And there I have my biggest issue with, I cannot promote someone. It has to be done by hours. O.k., then I would like to change the hours manually. So that fits the promoting system. However, that's not possible also within phpVMS. It would be great if I can change this feature from the admin panel.

We are testing now with XACARS and that's looking promising...

So, if there are any military guy's out here or some programmers etc. who can help us to make this product also a MUST HAVE for military VA's....

The rest fits quite good..

regards,

Binary37

• Moderators

Hi and welcome to the phpVMS world, you will find this very customisable and if it doesn't fit to your needs then there are lots of us who have experience in fitting a square peg in a round hole so to speak :)

Im sure you have found a winner i know i have, and the support is great.

• Administrators

Hey! Welcome, well, let's see what we can do here...

- military don't fly "routes", they fly missions and every mission is different. However we have standard patrol, AAR, etc procedures wich fit nearly but not complete in the phpVMS package.

There is a method (in the FAQ forum) to just setup one route and fly arbitrary flights against that

- - Add & Edit Squadrons (to be changed)

You can probably use the 'airlines' to be squadrons, since pilots are assigned to airlines

- - Missions (to be changed)

- - - Add Mission

- - - View Active missions

- - - View inactive missions

You can use routes with this, in conjunction with the arbitrary routes feature

In the military you are not automatically promoted from LT, to 1stLT, to Captain etc based on flight hours,but by decision of the Chief of Staff (hence me the CEO actually) And there I have my biggest issue with, I cannot promote someone. It has to be done by hours. O.k., then I would like to change the hours manually. So that fits the promoting system. However, that's not possible also within phpVMS. It would be great if I can change this feature from the admin panel.

Yep, it's possible to manually change and not do it by hours. It's a setting in the config file, then you can manually change them.

We have a few airlines who are using it in a military context, seems OK for them. I have made changes based on requests (like having the same arrival/departure airports allowed, a few other things too, so if you have pinpointed ideas, we can check them out and see what we can do. I would say most of the things happening now are by request...

Also, check through the core/app.config.php and core/local.config.php files for settings which are available. And check the documentation too

Hey! Welcome, well, let's see what we can do here...

There is a method (in the FAQ forum) to just setup one route and fly arbitrary flights against that

You can probably use the 'airlines' to be squadrons, since pilots are assigned to airlines

You can use routes with this, in conjunction with the arbitrary routes feature

Yep, it's possible to manually change and not do it by hours. It's a setting in the config file, then you can manually change them.

We have a few airlines who are using it in a military context, seems OK for them. I have made changes based on requests (like having the same arrival/departure airports allowed, a few other things too, so if you have pinpointed ideas, we can check them out and see what we can do. I would say most of the things happening now are by request...

Also, check through the core/app.config.php and core/local.config.php files for settings which are available. And check the documentation too

I run a Military VA and use the airlines as My wings. We have also added most of the Active duty US Airbases and Naval Air Stations to Our destination and arrival airports. We then added Fights(schedules) and connected all the bases that way. PhPVMS is great for Military VA's as well as Commercial VA's

Let me know if I Can Help. Most of our Guys are retired Military either Navy of Airforce(My self)

Good Luck