EVENTBooking - Coming Soon

simpilot

Hey Simpilot,

Here are my thoughts:

• Add an event announcement (pretty much like the news articles)
  • Ability to add a date or date range for the event
  • Ability to add a banner
  • Ability for pilots to sign up for the event (I am not concerned regarding specific time slots)
  • Be able to see who has signed up for the specific events
  • Ability to hold multiple events

Hmm ok that about does it for now :lol:

• Like 1

• Administrators

Getting There B)

eb3.jpg

Creating a seperate auth for events in the admin side will probably not get done right now. I have it tied to the news right now. I have tried to change the bitwise values that are used to determine the admin permissions with disastorious results. :blink: That will be last thing.

• Administrators

Alright, I am working on the pilot tracking/rating part of this.... Is there any reason to apply points on a scale, ie 1 to 10, or something, or just simply one point per event flown. An extra point for signing up ahead of time? Being ready for your time slot? idk, just thinking.

• Administrators

I think the best answer is the one Simpilot gave to me on another forum. (hope you don't mind simpilot :) )

:rolleyes:

Ok guys, I have the admin side mostly done and am working on the pilot side now. I am thinking that the system will automatically put the pilot into the next available slot "first come, first serve". Does that work for you? Also, I am thinking an email to the pilot when they signup with all the info from the event.... Getting close to a beta release.

Hi Simpilot,

Would it be possible to include a few extra features for the release? Here are my ideas:

• Visual calendar with links to individual event info and sign-ups
  • Allow a fly-in or fly-out (instead of booking time slots, pilots book routes)
  • Total Booked Slots at the Top (# of pilots that have booked slots)
  • Predicted Participants (Admin can set a percentage, and that percentage of booked slots shows... EX: Admin enters 70% threshold, 10 slots are booked, actual predicted participants automatically displays as 7)
  • Briefing Emails (Admin can write a briefing e-mail prior to the event that is only sent to the pilots who have booked slots)

Thanks so much!

-Carl

Simpilot,

I have installed and tested it in my site. First off, the Beta is AWESOME!

I did find a few bugs:

--Calendar won't let you select dates, you have to type them in

--If you set the slot limit to 10, and 3 members sign up, it shows a total of 13 slots instead of 10

Thank,

Carl

• Administrators

Simpilot,

I have installed and tested it in my site. First off, the Beta is AWESOME!

I did find a few bugs:

--Calendar won't let you select dates, you have to type them in

--If you set the slot limit to 10, and 3 members sign up, it shows a total of 13 slots instead of 10

Thank,

Carl

response moved here - http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/2599-eventbooking-beta-10/