reCAPTCHA Error problem ??

sayedzaafir

hello guys 

i have installed phpvms 5.5 and tried to solve the reCAPTCHA  error by this forum 

still the error remain to be there "ERROR for site owner: Invalid site key"

but what i got confused is , before 2 month i already installed a va and solved recapchta using this thread but now it dosnt ,, why is it so ? am i doing somthing wrong ?

thank you

• Administrators

Just to be sure, is this the Simpilot version 5.5.2 or the Nabeel version 5?

If Simpilot version 5.5.2, see second post of the thread you linked to above. You will need to add that code to local.config.php and then get the ReCaptcha keys from Google to enter into that code as indicated. Do not edit app.config.php - all config edits should be done in local.config.php. 

If Nabeel version 5, I believe you have to update to ReCaptcha v2 - see this post: https://forum.phpvms.net/topic/25571-upgrading-recaptcha-to-v2/ .

• Administrators

Please show Simpilot version as 5.5.2 to avoid confusion - in the passed several days there have been a couple of mix-ups between versions 5.5.2 and 5. Listing the entire version number should help to avoid confusion.

And you entered a new set of keys for ReCaptcha in the local.config file? If so, double check that your URL is set correctly in the Google ReCaptcha API. Open your browser console and check for errors there too.

Are you running this install locally (on your computer) or on your web server?

Edited by ProAvia

• 1 year later...