Couple Questions

SeanM

Got everything installed. 2 problems when trying to upload a avatar it gives me an error "PHP Fileinfo extension must be installed/enabled to use Intervention Image." which I assume is installed as I am using VMS hosing. I am using php 7.3.

Secondly the cron job is doing my head in, "There was a problem running the cron; make sure it's setup and check logs at storage/logs/cron.log. See the docs" Mind you there is no log there. I assume this is the correct format when creating it in cpanel:  

blusquar php /blusquar/phpvms/artisan schedule:run >> /dev/null 2>&1

• Administrators

There's no log because it's not running the cronjob. You have to ask your host the correct path to PHP for setting it up. I try to guess what that path is in the cronjob page. It would look something like:

php /blusquar/phpvms/artisan schedule:run >> /dev/null 2>&1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, SeanM said:

Yeah, tried that one no luck... I can create a ticket... using your hosting so was avoiding a ticket if possible.

Ah, yeah, create a ticket. You've switched to PHP 7.4 already in cPanel? What's the command line that phpvms shows?

2 minutes ago, Nabeel said:

Ah, yeah, create a ticket. You've switched to PHP 7.4 already in cPanel? What's the command line that phpvms shows?

Only 7.3 is avail... not sure if that matters...

Command line: * * * * * cd /home/blusquar/phpvms && /opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/bin/php-cgi -d register_argc_argv=On artisan schedule:run >> /dev/null 2>&1 thos what your referring to?

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, SeanM said:

Only 7.3 is avail... not sure if that matters...

Command line: * * * * * cd /home/blusquar/phpvms && /opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/bin/php-cgi -d register_argc_argv=On artisan schedule:run >> /dev/null 2>&1 thos what your referring to?

Ah yes, 7.3 is fine. Try using this for the cron:

cd /home/blusquar/phpvms && /opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/bin/php-cgi -d register_argc_argv=On artisan schedule:run

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Cloudpanda said:

For what it maybe worth, I have been dealing with this for hours and finally got it to work. My host is Hostgator and this is what worked for me in the cron command

/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/bin/php /home1/username/public_html/artisan schedule:run >> /dev/null 2>&1

What did the maintenance page in the admin recommend for the command?

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Cloudpanda said:

This is what it shows - * * * * * cd /home1/panda/public_html && /opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/bin/php-cgi -d register_argc_argv=On artisan schedule:run >> /dev/null 2>&1

Interesting... but the command line you're using is PHP 7.3? I think I need to change how it's launched there (without the cd)

4 hours ago, Nabeel said:

Interesting... but the command line you're using is PHP 7.3? I think I need to change how it's launched there (without the cd)

Yes 7.3. the host doesnt offer 7.3 unless someone ask for it and they were able to update. They did advise 7.4 was coming soon. I tried it with the added  (cd) along with the other text in the line just to try and it accepted that too. I am very new to doing any of this. Lots and trial and error.