FSAcars and PHPVMS

bwilber

I found out something this week about FSAcars and the way it works (or doesn't) with PHPVMS v.2. If your registration number is too long, FSAcars will truncate it, and when you go to send the pirep, the registration won't match with the one in the database. As a result, it will enter a 0 as the aircraft id into the phpvms_pirep table. Since there are no aircraft with a 0 for an id, the system will nut up and that pirep will need to be edited to show the proper aircraft before it can be approved.

Just something to keep in mind if you get that error. kACARS seems to work fine.

Edited by bwilber

6 hours ago, bwilber said:

I found out something this week about FSAcars and the way it works (or doesn't) with PHPVMS v.2. If your registration number is too long, FSAcars will truncate it, and when you go to send the pirep, the registration won't match with the one in the database. As a result, it will enter a 0 as the aircraft id into the phpvms_pirep table. Since there are no aircraft with a 0 for an id, the system will nut up and that pirep will need to be edited to show the proper aircraft before it can be approved.

Just something to keep in mind if you get that error. kACARS seems to work fine.

Hi bwilber,

live map works fine with your kACARS?

Mine don't show aircraft neither flight data. 

Any idea?

Thanks,

Regards

Miguel

• Administrators

Miguel

Your issues come down to your install. Most probably your MySQL/MariaDB version and Strict Mode settings. Talk with your host and ask them to turn Strict Mode off, then test again. You statedin one of your other threads that youare using MariaDB 10.4 - that is probably the issue.

Keep all your issues in one thread - as they are all caused by the same thing. It's either the MariaDB version or Strict Mode.

2 hours ago, ProAvia said:

Miguel

Your issues come down to your install. Most probably your MySQL/MariaDB version and Strict Mode settings. Talk with your host and ask them to turn Strict Mode off, then test again. You statedin one of your other threads that youare using MariaDB 10.4 - that is probably the issue.

Keep all your issues in one thread - as they are all caused by the same thing. It's either the MariaDB version or Strict Mode.

Hi Pro, 

I spoke with my host and don't go change Strict because must change for all his costumers. 

So about MariaDB what do you suggest? 

Thanks, 

Miguel