SQL Errors

TAV1702

Hi folks. Just getting back into the swing of things and I got a new domain for my website and tried to use Big Dump for the database and it failed. So i tired to do it manually via phpMyAdmin and it is not wanting to create several tables. Funny part is, it is the same server, but different domain name. I do not have any clue why it dont want to create them tables now.

I went back to my old domain and created the same exact database and all info was imported successfully. Kinda odd huh?

Heres one example. Its probably so dam simple that it is not even gonna be funny when I figure it out

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE `phpvms_fieldvalues` (

`id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,

`fieldid` int( 11 ) NOT NULL ,

`pilotid` int( 11 ) NOT NULL ,

`value` text NOT NULL ,

PRIMARY KEY ( `id` ) ,

KEY `phpvms_fieldvalues_ibfk_1` ( `fieldid` ) ,

KEY `phpvms_fieldvalues_ibfk_2` ( `pilotid` ) ,

CONSTRAINT `phpvms_fieldvalues_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY ( `fieldid` ) REFERENCES `phpvms_customfields` ( `fieldid` ) ON DELETE CASCADE ,

CONSTRAINT `phpvms_fieldvalues_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY ( `pilotid` ) REFERENCES `phpvms_pilots` ( `pilotid` ) ON DELETE CASCADE

) ENGINE = InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1005 - Can't create table './thundxxxx_xxxxxx/phpvms_fieldvalues.frm' (errno: 150) (<a href="server_engines.php?engine=InnoDB&page=Status&token=5338c65169ccb620d9f7f9f2bbae3bf8">Details...</a>)

Obviously I put the X's on here on purpose

My domain expired on me and I did not know about it until it was too late. So I purchased a new one. I created the new hosting account on the server, downloaded all my files and re uploaded them to the new account. I created my database, and went and made sure all my permissions on files were correct.

Using my old database, I tried to import that info to the new database and it will not create several of the files. The example error I am getting is given above. I was editing the post probably as you were replying ;-)

That error's gotta go back to your host. Looks like a configuration error. You can try:

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0;

Before running it, but I think it's your host which is got something wrong going on

Ok I'll check and see if I have something going on with the server. Like I said, the funny part is, I went back to the old domain, created the database with user name again and it restored just fine. Let me go do some digging. Maybe when I created my account, I did something I should not have.

• Administrators

Ok I'll check and see if I have something going on with the server. Like I said, the funny part is, I went back to the old domain, created the database with user name again and it restored just fine. Let me go do some digging. Maybe when I created my account, I did something I should not have.

When it creates a table, it creates a physical file (the .frm), so it looks like it's having trouble creating that... which could be permissions on the file, or maybe it's already there and can't write over it, dunno. Check with your host

Yeah something is definitely up with the restoring of databases on the server I guess. I just did a fresh install of Version 2.1.930 and http://thunderva.com/test is the result. ;-)

Oh and also, I noticed that the link to view the code changes to templates no longer works. Is there a new link to this yet? I grabbed a free skin to use for now to test out new site with and I thinks it is a tad out of date. ;-)

• Administrators

Yeah something is definitely up with the restoring of databases on the server I guess. I just did a fresh install of Version 2.1.930 and http://thunderva.com/test is the result. ;-)

Oh and also, I noticed that the link to view the code changes to templates no longer works. Is there a new link to this yet? I grabbed a free skin to use for now to test out new site with and I thinks it is a tad out of date. ;-)

Which link? There will be another update with fixes maybe tomorrow or Friday