Gallery [SOLVED]

TAV1702

Just curious if anyone has ever got a Image Gallery integrated into phpVMS that uses current login info without the pilot having to register for another script to use. I like the Forum that Simpilot released how it is threaded into phpVMS. That is what I am after. Has anyone ever released one or got one to work like Forum?

• Moderators

I use gallery 3 but i suppose you could insert the username and password in to that database just the same as the forum account but it would probably be easier.

I have not integrated yet as i use gallery 3 for my personal use, theres a thought though as an image gallery :)

• Administrators

It can be done fairly easily if you don't want anything fancy, you can see what I built on my site. On the frontpage lower left here - http://www.newenglandvirtual.com/ - is a box showing the newest screenshot uploaded by a pilot. And then the gallery is here http://www.newenglandvirtual.com/index.php/Screenshots where you can see all the screenshots and logged in pilots can upload and rate shots. I also built an approval section in for the admin to approve a shot before being displayed in the gallery to make sure nothing that you do not need to have posted shows up on the site.

Hi simpilot. I had a look at your site and that is exactly what I am after. Nothing fancy or bulky. Just something simple that will run off of my current database Like your beta forum does, and not require an extra login for pilots like coppermine or something like that.

And @ the other fellas that replied, thanks for the ideas. It is worth looking into as well. ;)

Sorry, are you looking for the script, or needing help on your own? I thought you were asking if it could be done within phpVMS. Im getting old I guess. :P

I just wasn't sure if you ever released a slim version or if that was just a feature that was strictly for your va. I know people like to keep stuff in particular for their own VA which in my book is cool. I can understand why.

As far as a script like that goes, I do not have the php skills to do something like that yet. My main forte` is interation of apps in forums.

• 1 month later...

Still looking around for a script that will use our current phpVMS database if anyone has one or found one. I have checked out several others but they all require the user to register again. Multiple registrations to use 1 website just sux. That is why I have not added one to my site yet.

• Administrators

Still looking around for a script that will use our current phpVMS database if anyone has one or found one. I have checked out several others but they all require the user to register again. Multiple registrations to use 1 website just sux. That is why I have not added one to my site yet.

As NEvA has been closed down and will probably disappear after September of this year, I will start releasing some of the scripts used to build it, this one included. Ill see what I can do to build a generic package this week for the screenshot script.

• Like 3

• Moderators

As NEvA has been closed down and will probably disappear after September of this year, I will start releasing some of the scripts used to build it, this one included. Ill see what I can do to build a generic package this week for the screenshot script.

You Rock simpilot!!!!

Looking forward for that.