Windows dark/light modes to match with logo

nicky9499

G'day Nabeel,

There was a recent update that allows acars UI to match the Windows dark mode setting - my night owl virtual pilots with secondary monitors are truly grateful for this implementation. However, there is a minor issue wherein we only have 1 logo setting which can only match either Windows' light or dark mode. Would it be possible to allow two versions to be uploaded, both of which correspond to phpvms' light/dark modes please?

darklight.png

Edited by nicky9499

Not much, to be honest. The typeface has to be of contrasting color to the background, and a single "in between" for something drastically different like black/white doesn't look good in either.

We have a white version of the logo specifically for this sort of situation:

darkdark.PNG.42b30f8dc72daf81014017e7420d50a3.PNG

Alternatively, would it be possible to introduce a setting to lock acars to light/dark mode?

Edited by nicky9499

I solved that problem by adding a light colored glow outside the dark colored text and by using transparent background.

With that, same logo is being used on both light and dark themes without any visual differences and loss of branding.

Light theme: That light anti alliased glow is not noticable at all.

Dark theme: That glow makes the text (or logo) visible and separable from the black background and looks fine.

Just for your info ;)

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, nicky9499 said:

Not much, to be honest. The typeface has to be of contrasting color to the background, and a single "in between" for something drastically different like black/white doesn't look good in either.

We have a white version of the logo specifically for this sort of situation:

darkdark.PNG.42b30f8dc72daf81014017e7420d50a3.PNG

Alternatively, would it be possible to introduce a setting to lock acars to light/dark mode?

I'm working on the setting so someone can set locally if it follows the system, or select Light/Dark. I've added to my list to have the possibility to choose different images for light/dark for that banner

• Thanks 2