Cancellation of Text Data Server @ aviationweather.gov/dataserver/ API - Fix

Nacman

New User here.  If you are just getting into phpvms 7, as I am, the METAR and TAF don't work because aviationweather.gov replaced the API.

I deleted the code fix as it has already been fixed in later versions and I should not have posted code here, instead made a bug report. Newguy still learning.

Thanks,

-Nacman

Edited by Nacman
Removed Code changes in the wild

• Nacman changed the title to Cancellation of Text Data Server @ aviationweather.gov/dataserver/ API - Fix

So I just downloaded Version 7.0.0-dev+231204.15563e

I had wrap my head around the install, finally getting it working after running the composer install.

So with this version can I just ftp it up to my shared hosting server? like for like replace?

Do I need to save my .env file?

-Nacman

• Administrators

At a minimum, I always save my .env and .htaccess (I added  ph0 version stuff to .htaccess).

Follow the update instructions in the docs.

FTP can be slow. I use cPanel, File Manafer, Upload. 

Upload the zip file and extract thru file manager. Only takes a few minutes.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nacman said:

New User here.  If you are just getting into phpvms 7, as I am, the METAR and TAF don't work because aviationweather.gov replaced the API.

For METAR

If you edit AviationWeather.php you can replace this code ... with this code

Considering v7 is open source and can be improved by contributing via GitHub I would kindly suggest NOT to share core code changes here in the forum. Instead if there is an issue within the latest dev, opening a bug report and fixing it with a pull request is the best solution. So then when a new build gets generated (believe me, it is something urgent this happens pretty quick), everyone following/using v7 dev versions can benefit and it will be less risky compared to editing files manually (or advising that).

GitHub repository link is on the top menu ;)

https://docs.phpvms.net/installation/updating

For best and quickest update (considering you do not have custom core file edits), replace item 4 with this;

4. Download latest dev (zip or tar.gz) package and upload it to your hosting via cPanel (or Plesk) file manager (or FTP), unpack using the same file manager and overwrite everything.

(if you have edited core files, you may need to apply your changes back but be careful, double check your changes and replaced files, like a config file or .htaccess a service etc.)

Safe flights

• Like 1

I understand.  I was like a kid in a candy shop, been out of this for a while, when I saw phpvms, I was like saying to myself "Someone finally understood the need for a CMS like solution to online VA's". Being into this only 2 days, I had a steep curve in the beginning. I will not post code edits again, and as Proavia pointed out it was fixed already and I wasn't running latest code.  Thanks!

-Nacman

• Haha 1